Newbie to RRR

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daddio's 51

Hello,
I am beginning a build on my first Rat Rod. It is a 1951 Dodge B series Pilothouse Truck. My wife is also beggining a build on a 1956 Dodge Truck. We acquired these together and will be building them side by side. Hers will be more of an origianl / custom build while I am drawn more to the Rat Road side of things. Not the best choice for a Rat since the primary characteristic of the truck being a "Pilothouse" but I know it will turn out fantastic. I will post pics along the way and welcome any comments or input as I am sure I will be picking the brains of all of you seasoned builders! I am looking forward to the whole experience. thank you for allowing me to be a part of your site!

Welcome to RRR from Alabama ,, My wife don't want to help on my stuff to much ,, your lucky , well be waiting on some pictures [P

Welcome from New Mexico.
That's kool that you and your Mrs. are building hot rods at the same time.
There seems to be quite a few Pilothouse builds being started here lately.
I love mine, lots of room in these cabs.
What kind of plans you got for your builds?
Post some pics when you can so we can see what ya'll have going on.

Wow! Nice! That is where I hope to be soon. I like the corner windows on the 48, but like the 51 as well. I had the opportunity to get 2 48's to combine into one but the 51 was so complete. My wife is building the 56, not so much as a rat, but custom. We found a '57 Plymouth 318 "poly" that had been completely rebuilt! Thanks for sharing the link!

This is the wife of Daddio's 51 here....

Hello everyone! This is wife of Daddio's 51 here and I wanted to stop and introduce myself.
I have always had an interest in classic vehicles back to my childhood while helping my dad rebuild Ford cars/trucks and motors. I am so excited to have gotten my hands on this 56 Dodge for a rebuild. I am completely unfamiliar with Mopar so it's going to be fun!!!! I know it's going to be a process but I'm definitely up for the challenge! I don't mind getting greasy or dirty at all and there is nothing better than the gratification of the finished product and knowing it was all by my own hands :)
Both of our trucks we acquired have been sitting in a field for a minimum of 10yrs so they have a long road ahead of them but when I look at them all I see is the potential of the finished project... My husband came across the rebuilt 318A poly engine for my truck that came out of a 57 Plymouth fury. I can't wait to get that thing purring!!!! I really want to put the dual carbs on it as I have read that was the most unique for that motor.
So anyway, I'm long winded and could talk for days about trucks/cars but I'll stop now....[cl
Sure we will be chatting again... I will create my own login so I can interact as well. Thanks for reading, have a lovely day everyone!!!

Hello everyone! This is wife of Daddio's 51 here and I wanted to stop and introduce myself.

Both of our trucks we acquired have been sitting in a field for a minimum of 10yrs so they have a long road ahead of them but when I look at them all I see is the potential of the finished project... My husband came across the rebuilt 318A poly engine for my truck that came out of a 57 Plymouth fury.

That isn't a V-800 poly is it [dr ......... if it is it is WAY to much engine for your build and would be happy to save you by coming out and relieve you of your burden.......... , anyway welcome aboard and look forward to some pictures and your idea for your build

[QUOTE
That isn't a V-800 poly is it [dr ......... if it is it is WAY to much engine for your build and would be happy to save you by coming out and relieve you of your burden.......... , anyway welcome aboard and look forward to some pictures and your idea for your build[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is the V-800 engine but when it was rebuilt they didn't put the dual 4bbl carbs back on it so that is what my plans are.... And thanks for the offer to take it off my hands but that's a problem I would like to keep :D

Latest posts

Back