Newbie with a 51 F1 cab....

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustyRunnin_on_Bowtie

hello from dayton ohio.
The names Derek. Im a 23 year old HVAC tech and have been wanting to start this project for months.
I just picked up my 51 Ford F1 cab, 53 f100 bed, s10 rear end, and front end from what the seller thinks is an early 40s ford all for $200 bucks!!

Dont think im keepin the s10 rear end but let me know if i should! I have a buddy that builds custom frames and metal fab work and air ride/ suspension work so i have the frame, chop and suspension ideas coming.
If anyone has an idea where the best for me to start is let me know.
Thanks! :D

OH BTW.....I NEED DOORS!!!! Let me know if anyone knows where i can find some.

truck cab 1.jpg

truck cab 2.jpg

Welcome from Michigan

Nice find...... keep us posted..... not sure about the doors but I'll check with a friend who might have some...... let ya know.... Dayton isn't too far

welcome to the site!

doors will work from 48-52 f-1 all the way up to the f-6 "bobtruck" so it should not be impossible to find some relatively affordable

Just my guess

huh? lol
it just says invalid numbers

Maybe it doesn't decode something that old.. or... is it for sure 7HC 121660?
this is what I get when I type it in......

Ford Trucks VIN Decoder
Enter your VIN number:
Your VIN number: 7HC 121660
Your Model Year is Unknown, Please double check VIN number.

Model Line and Engine: Unknown, Please double check VIN number

Your's vehicle unique number: 121660

the cab has avin plate that reads *7hc**121660*
whats with the stars and how do i type it in on the site you linked me

Where on the cab? The VIN is on the back of the glovebox door and on the top of the pass. side of the frame (which I assume you don't have because you just have the cab, right?).

Mine stars out "F1H1"
F1=Ford 1/2 ton
H=226 engine
1=1951

Then the serial number follows that (can't remember it off the top of my head) and the number that designates which plant it was made at.

I think you have the wrong number...

EDIT: Whoa, just looking at your pictures because they didn't work for me when I checked on this before. Your F-1 badge in front of the driver's side door and your gauges scream '48-'50. You have a "monkey face", not a "bucktooth"...

Latest posts

Back