newbie with a '62 Econoline pick-up

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lectricman67

Hey guys and gals.... working on my second Econoline truck..(first was totaled) the body is poor so I have decided to go the way of the rat rods and lower it a little and keep her looking old.... I have retained my re-manufactured engine out of my '63 along with the tranny, exhaust, seats and some other small stuff. I have got the engine tranny in and am waiting on the driveshaft... who knew that the '62 driveshaft wouldn't work with the '63 tranny??? not me... drivability is the no.1 issue as this will be my daily commuter back and forth to work.. I live in Huntington West Virginia and love playing around with these old trucks... I also have a BIG '66 F-250 I am currently working on also...
bedbackon.jpg

readytotransport2.jpg

62engine1.jpg

beautiful.jpg

100_0759.jpg

hope this is not too many pics but this is where and who I am.... thanks for having me...

Welcome to RRR!

Love the Econotrucks. That's a sweet 66 too. There are a few Slick owners on here - I'm one. Sucks about your old truck.

Too many pictures? Too many Pictures? There is no such thing around here.

What he said & welcome... glad u found us! I think one of our members who recently retired has a Econoline truck with a mid-section blown nitro Hemi on the drawing board! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

Welcome aboard...
I love those E-cono trucks. They are almost too ugly, but they do grow on ya.I used to have one years ago and had a blast with it.

Keep postin pics.

mid-engine

What he said & welcome... glad u found us! I think one of our members who recently retired has a Econoline truck with a mid-section blown nitro Hemi on the drawing board! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

darn, shoulda took a picture. one here in town with a injected, the tall 12'' intake stacks and a big block chevy behind the rear window. oh yeah, wheelie bars and he says there needed[cl

Later:cool:

Latest posts

Back