newbie with a new project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wickedkid

hello everyone! my name is dave im a 24yr old police officer from long island ny. i just finished up my other project (300+hp subaru) and i got an itch to build a rat rod. today i just picked up a 31 chevy 5 window coupe for $100, and already have some plans for it! 6" chop and a Z'ed frame made from scratch. my dad has a 32 ford roadster full tubular chassis, chevy 400 with zoomies and flames of course. this will be a father-son(s) build with my little bro helpin out here and there. so far im looking at alot of patch panels and some 1"square tubing to take place of the wood inside. anybody need glass/rear window crank? ill post up some pictures as soon as i can.

Welcome to RRR wickedkid. The Chev sounds like a neat project. The only problem with the early Chevys is the complete wood structure but it sounds like you are prepared for that. Post up some pictures of your project and your dad's car when you get a chance.

100 bucks is a sweet deal, even if you have to get good with 1 inch square tubing.
Sounds like a great project, post up some pictures when you can.
Welcome to the site.

Welcome!!!

WK,
Welcome to the forum! We love Father/Son, father/Daughter builds & u will too. Can't wait to see soem pictures! Make u're slef @ home & feel free tot join rat in!

BoB

100_2254.jpg

100_2256.jpg

it now has different headers on it.

and my project
lrg-4-img_4225.jpg

lrg-6-img_4227.jpg

lrg-2-img_4223.jpg

Very nice roadster your Pops has wickedkid. Your coupe looks like a good place to start too. I know yours is a 31, but here's a couple of pics of a 32 Chevy for inspiration.

Latest posts

Back