Newbie With Ol Ford

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kellxr7

Well, old'er, maybe not old enough to be a Rat Rod, but after I get a few opinions around here, I will make my decision what to do with her. I recently purchased a 66 Ford F100 Custom Cab, with a 302 & overdrive and a few other goodies, I saw a 64 & 66 before that were ratrodded a few years ago, and the sweet bodylines made me hunt for my own 66 (preferred its grille) I would like to rat rod this truck, but am concerned that it wont go over well with the hardcore rat rodders seeing as it may be a little too new to be in the rat rod class, what are the opinions around here? I have a few old hotrod buddies that tell me obviously its my truck I can do what I want with it, I also have some honest friends that say I will be shunned by hardcore ratrodders , but even though when I become rich and famous it will resemble a truck like this... http://www.customclassictrucks.com/featuredvehicles/0509cct_1966_ford_f100/index.html I dont have very deep pockets yet but am passionate about the hobby, and just want to have some fun with what I have while I have it. I hope I can get some input and am looking forward to being a regular around here.

Welcome to RRR Kellxr7. Since you asked for an opinion, I'll give you mine. I'm not even sure what the definition "ratting something out" is anymore. I will tell you this though, I'm not a big proponent of making something look rougher than it already does. You haven't posted a photo of the truck but how about leaving the body as is and just do a nice lowering job and add some wheels and tires that you like? I will also add that I'm not real big on telling others what to do with their vehicle......unless they actually ask for advice. If I were you, I wouldn't really worry what the "hardcore rat rodders" will think of your truck because you'll never please everybody anyway. In the end, you have to like it. And besides all that, you would still be welcome around this site anyway.

Last edited:
Welcme to the forum... we're... er... "traditional" rat rodders around here!!! :D:D:D Make u're self @ home & feel free to join rat in!!! I think u'll find a pretty tolerant bunch around here!!!

BoB

Welcme to the forum... we're... er... "traditional" rat rodders around here!!! :D:D:D Make u're self @ home & feel free to join rat in!!! I think u'll find a pretty tolerant bunch around here!!!

BoB

Is that what we are??? I have a hard time putting a lable on us.
Which come to think about it is alot like the cars we have. Some here are pretty hard put into a catagory. Gastrick speaks the truth. One thing we all agree on is build the truck for yourself, you are the one that has to like it. Our opinions on that kind of stuff don't mean squat, if you don't like what you end up with.

Welcome to the site.

need pix!

Welcome K7. There's a number of members here with '60's trucks...yours fits in just fine. We like to have alot of fun trying to define what a ratrod is, but ultimately I think everyone here will agree that they are simply older vehicles that get driven instead of trailered.:cool:

welcome kell, build it how you like it and don't worry about "hardcore ratters" , it's usually some one else that labels your ride "rat" or otherwise. We tolerate any build here as long as you share pix :D :D

Ah Ha! Another Slick owner. Welcome to RRR. I've got a '63 I'm still working on (check my build link). Love it and drive it as much as I can. You could go kinda gasser:
whitby.jpg

Or like Gastrick said...something like this?
100_3443.jpg

Or...whatever you want...

Shunned by the Hardcore Rat Rodders....:eek: That's too funny! Rat Rodders tend to be shunned by the other groups.

Welcome to RRR, Kellxr7. First & foremost, build your truck how you want it, just be sure to build it to be safe. As for other labels. Those are just other peoples way to put things in an orderly way. No labels here just good ol' rides.

Latest posts

Back