Newer Car's/Trucks used as Rat Rod projects.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewIronRats

I have a question. I have a 1992 Ford Ranger Truck that I want to give it kind of a make over.What I want to do is make it "look" like the rat rods I see on this site.All im going for is the "Look", not a true rat rod build. I have very little money to spend so old iron is out of the question but I still love the rat rod look. Can I post pictures of it when I do it on this site or will I get Flamed to death and ran off ?? I tryed on another site and was treated like crap. Let me know what you all think.

Your very welcome here and feel free to post pictures of your truck, we have a little of everything here...if someone here doesn't like something they just move on rather than bashing it.

Funny things, the rat rods we have today were new back then.Some of the car's I drove as a teen are old iron now.I would love to have my 1970 Mavrick or my 1969 Torino back or even my 1971 Duster but All I have are a 1998 Geo and a 1992 Ranger.

We wont flame you.LOL Even though this project is not the most desireable there are several projects with newer body styles used on here. Maybe they'll chime in or you can do some old post searching. Heres some pics you may have seen.

Attachments

• 83RatRodRanger01.jpg
    83RatRodRanger01.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 61
  • 83RatRodRanger02.jpg
    83RatRodRanger02.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 70
  • 83RatRodRanger03.jpg
    83RatRodRanger03.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 52
  • 83RatRodRanger04.jpg
    83RatRodRanger04.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 46
Your very welcome here and feel free to post pictures of your truck, we have a little of everything here...if someone here doesn't like something they just move on rather than bashing it.

Cool, I love to see different types of car's/trucks and some way out of the box thinking being used in builds. One thing that really burns me is to have someone tell me that I should do something just because thats the way it has Always been done or that I should not try something just because it has not been done before.I will begin posting pictures of my progress as I am able to get some. Thanks everyone.:cool::cool:

We wont flame you.LOL Even though this project is not the most desireable there are several projects with newer body styles used on here. Maybe they'll chime in or you can do some old post searching. Heres some pics you may have seen.

Oh yea, I have seen them. I found them when I was looking for ideas for my truck.[cl

Oh yea, I have seen them. I found them when I was looking for ideas for my truck.[cl

one of the keys to ratrods" if you will --
is that it is yours ... no one will flame you
-- some may not like it -- some will -- both will
more than likely at least respect what you are doing
and if they dont then its theyre problem -- not yours
so long as your happy with the result.

I'm new here too, and so far everyone's been awful nice to me. I'm building a '27 T but haven't told anyone yet that I'm thinking about putting a new fuel injected, computer controlled engine in it. We'll see how they keep treating you, then I'll decide whether or not I'll tell them about MY plans. Good luck, Bill.

I have a bunch of projects...but I really wanna try a VW..I have seen the sites that build em. And out here in Ca they are everywhere and cheap!

There's a method to this madness!!!!

The whole idea is to have fun. Do your thing.... enjoy working on something.. the Number one rule is that there is no rules as to how you build it.... run with your imagination..... Take me for an example.... who in their right mind chops and rat's a 96 GMC??? Probably no body but me.... don't care if people like it.... just wanted to do something out of the ordinary..... it's cool to do what you like..... that's the idea!

my 2 cents worth

In my opinion its good to hone your skills and develope your own techniques on something a little more disposable, I have seen many build threads in which the guy has taken something that could have been made very cool and destroyed it with poor technique and worse craftsmanship. Build what ya want, just remember that you'll never please everyone, and maybe not please anyone, but you're doing it for yourself anyway so who cares. On a final note, while it is your build and ulitimately only you have to like it, there are numerous veterans of the craft on this sight who can and will share there insight as to safety and design if you will ask them, I would ask for advised whenever you feel you may need it and this may aid you in your builds.

Latest posts

Back