NewMex muffler shop that straight pipes ?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

striptnut

Hey this is a question for all the New Mexico Rat Rodders out there . Im looking for a Muffler Shop in or around the Rio Rancho area that can provide me with a "straight pipe" exhaust system in my 67C10. I,m aware that this type of system is illegal in New Mex and probably in most other states . At this time I have a 18 inch piece of straight pipe on each Ram Horn of the motor so my intention is to drive it to the shop. Any help would be appreciated .

I don't know why it would be illegal on a 1967?

Hey dmw56 ! The last shop I asked about a "straight pipe"system said that in order for it to be legal in this state, it needed a muffler on each exhaust ,and he wanted to keep his work legal . He added that I shouldnt have any trouble finding a shop that could set me up with this system in New Mexico .Being new in this state I don't have all the resources I had when I lived in California.

Have them put the mufflers on the end of the pipe
Then all you do is take them off or put them on
If they will make them slip on you can put a screw to hold them on then take them off :eek:

Can you weld ?

Hey guys thanks for all the replys ! Old Iron ya got me to thinkin'. I got a nice Miller DVI in the garage why not use it . My local Napa Auto can provide me with a couple of 10ft sticks of pipe to start off . A good friend of mine is gonna lend me a bender . Trak Auto down the street has all the hangers and misc parts I may need so What The Heck! I'm going for it . I know its not as simple as I'm making it sound so I'll take my time and Get it done ! Thanks again ! I'll keep you guys posted !

I've done a couple of exhaust sysytems on mid 60s chevy trucks. They are definitely tricky with the rear suspension they have. I always kicked the duels out the side just ahead of the rear wheels. But if your buddy has a good hydraulic pipe bender, then you should be able to get thru and around the axle to the back. Go for it, have fun...

Very nice :)
Some of the benders will kink exhaust tubing.
Get a short piece from NAPA first N try it in your buddy's bender to make sure.
Post pics so we can follow along [P

Hey all you "gearheads"! Just checkin in to let you know how this finished up! I got kinda side tracked with the exhaust fab. My money had to go in other directions. And that gave "the man upstairs" time to give me hand jumping this hurdle. I gotta call from a friend of mine in Santa Fe saying he purchased a 67Chevy C10 Long fleet with no motor or tranny.But it had a very decent dual exhaust set up with "glass packs".Said if I wanted em ,he would deliver em. Price-FREE! Well-I got em , installed em,and they're probably just as loud as a straight pipe set up! Blown out glass packs ! Im diggin it! Thanks for all your input on this guys! Funny how the term"what goes around comes around" really does come around when ya need it!

Kool! Hey it was nice meeting you and your family at the swap meet. I was a little disappointed in it the year. Quite a bit smaller than in the past.

Hey dmw56 ! Likewise! I dug that swap meet alot ! Got there at 6:30 and by 10:30 I was outa energy and money! If you say it has potential to get bigger than what it was that day,I'm gonna keep going to em!
Very cool meeting you.Stay safe!

Latest posts

Back