Next to a Barn Find

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goose-em

Driving home today I noticed that behind a building I have driven past for several years that there was what I thought looked like a late 30's something sitting in the weeds.

Turned around and went back, this thing is really hidden well and was just pure luck I happened to see it while driving, just a glint off the glass caught my attention. I guess the sun was just right.

Peeking through an old fence, I looked, I beheld, I couldn't believe it......

Sitting there amongst the 5 foot tall weeds was the Holy Grail of rare Packards, the 1941 120 Club Coupe.

From where I was standing it looks to be complete with some paint still hanging on for dear life. Based on the stance it still has the straight 8 under the hood.

While staring at this rare find and trying to figure out how to find the owner, the building has sat abandoned for many years, I almost missed what was tucked further back in the weeds, a 1947 Chevy 5 window truck in almost as good shape.

I did not have my camera with me at the time but I fully intend to go back and get some pictures to share with all of you. With any luck I will be able to find the owner and see if we can make a deal.

I have asked my real estate agent friend to find out who owns the property so I may get lucky, then again I may not.

I am sure it will sit there forever as it is well hidden and extremely hard to see from the road, I just got lucky while daydreaming along.

Was able to get a pic.

What do you think?

Looks like it might have been for sale once and judging by the short distance from the center of windshield to the .00 it looks like it was under $1k

Now to find the owner.

Attachments

• 41 packard.jpg
    41 packard.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 149
I would love to see that old iron get a new home, I have become the worest driver ever I can not keep my eye's on the road anymore my head is on a swivel and it drives my wife nut's:p
I have been driving by a run down house and there is a old model a with no tube or cab and it drives my wife crazy I have to look at everytime I go by like it is going to wave me over to take it home[cl

Packard

Man, I dig the packard.... I actually live within walking distance of the packard plant, so I have a fondness for these cars...

[P[P

Wow, that car is in awesome condition compared to stuff I used to find in the humid south. Also are those some old porcelain signs in the right side of the picture? I'd be all over those too. I bet if you get to pick the buildings you can come up with some major scores.

You may need to move on it quickly now that you have put it out there. Sometimes it takes very little focused attention to put out a signal that will result in others being drawn to it. No matter that it is not easily visible.
It's how things work :)

Latest posts

Back