NG from East Tennessee

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TNBandit

Checking this place out. Old hotrodder & racecar fabricator seeing what's happening over here on the dark side...

Tri-Cities area of TN between Fall Branch & Jonesborough. Yeah ugly cat... & damn mean too. LoL Working a deal on getting a 56 Chevy pickup. It's supposed to be here this afternoon some time. Pics to follow.

welcome

ya got any pics of the race cars?

l like the old dirt track stuff a lot, dad raced a 1937 chevy for about 15 years on a 1/2 mile dirt track.

Later :cool:

ya got any pics of the race cars?

l like the old dirt track stuff a lot, dad raced a 1937 chevy for about 15 years on a 1/2 mile dirt track.

Lots of racecar pics. Unfortunately not many of them on my computer since it was a long time ago. Started out on dirt with a late model. Then an open wheel dirt modified. Got the bright idea to switch to asphalt. Broke way more stuff, new tires every week to stay competitive, cost way more money, etc. Shoulda stayed on the dirt. Here's a couple of the asphalt cars. First one was a 79 Camaro Super Street. 355 Chevy, Ford 9" with 6.50 gears, old Saginaw 3 speed with only 2nd & 3rd gear hooked up. Tons of fun & won a few races. Got the bright idea (yeah that again) to buy an old Busch North car & turn it into a Nascar Pro-Stock which is similar to an ARCA car. Guys from New England might remember Stub Fadden. He drove the #16 NAPA car in the Busch North series. It was one of his old cars. In fact his old crew chief is Frank Stoddard who now owns the #32 Cup team. Cost even more money & broke even more stuff... Fiberglass 99 Monte Carlo body on a Nascar spec. Laughlin chassis. Muncie 4 speed using only 3rd & 4th. full floater Ford 9" with 6.20 gears. Had 7 sponsors & finished 3rd in points and it still cost me 9k out of my pocket. Sold it, stuck the spare engine in a 67 Camaro that I still own and never looked back.

Attachments

• P1010002_2.jpg
    P1010002_2.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 6
  • P1010004_2.jpg
    P1010004_2.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 6
  • pro-stock  left side.jpg
    pro-stock left side.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 6
street

''still cost me 9k out of my pocket and Broke way more stuff, new tires every week to stay competitive, cost way more money.''

those are couple of reasons why my circle track car is being turned it a street car.[;)

Tri-Cities area of TN between Fall Branch & Jonesborough. Yeah ugly cat... & damn mean too. LoL Working a deal on getting a 56 Chevy pickup. It's supposed to be here this afternoon some time. Pics to follow.

A friend in Kingsport (also a member here,Hemiram04) has a 30's model frame and rear spring for sale if you are intereasted.
Tim

I'm in Kingsport...
You're also on my facebook friends list although we haven't met yet... LoL Did you go to the car show yesterday in Church Hill ? We sat there waiting for the rain to let up and it never did so we finally gave up & left. Here's a pic from the show. The Blue 67 Camaro is mine but that's not me in the pic. Just got the 56 pickup delivered this afternoon. The pic of it together is one the guy sent me when he got it home from New Mexico. The disassembled pic in the garage is my shop.

Attachments

• P1010001_8.jpg
    P1010001_8.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 56 truck.jpg
    56 truck.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 17
  • P1010015_1.jpg
    P1010015_1.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 18
You're also on my facebook friends list although we haven't met yet... LoL Did you go to the car show yesterday in Church Hill ? We sat there waiting for the rain to let up and it never did so we finally gave up & left. Here's a pic from the show. The Blue 67 Camaro is mine but that's not me in the pic. Just got the 56 pickup delivered this afternoon. The pic of it together is one the guy sent me when he got it home from New Mexico. The disassembled pic in the garage is my shop.

I drove by in my '57 Mercury around 10:00 on my way to Kitchings (Saturday morning hangout).

Welcome from Southeast Michigan..

Nice to have you as a non lurker.....relatives down there but me....not so much......any pics even old ones are cool.....:D

Latest posts

Back