NG from East Tennessee

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No plan yet other than getting it apart so I know what I need. No offense to the dirty rats but I'm old School and not a big fan of rust so I'm looking to replace the rotten stuff with good stuff. As for the style of the build I haven't decided but I did find this pic on the net of a gasser style truck and I can stop staring at it and drooling.. LoL Also looking for a GM small bolt pattern 5 lug rear end. The stock rear is toast and part of the plan is to use a set of old school 5 spoke American style mags that I already own. Also been looking at a low budget front disc brake conversion that allows me to keep the stock front axle & spindles but changes it to 5 lug. Dropping a smallblock of some sort into it as well. I have a bunch of SB Chevy parts collecting dust so I'm hoping to use them up while keeping the outgoing cash to a minimum. Also have an old Saginaw 4 speed as well as a 700R4 under the bench so one of those will get donated to the cause. Low budget is the key here. George we are taking the Camaro to the Broad st car show tomorrow. If you're in the neighborhood stop & say hi. It's a blue 67 and we'll be hanging with the Ridgerunners cub from Greeneville.

Attachments

• AG12.JPG
    AG12.JPG
    148.8 KB · Views: 7
Hi TNB, and welcome to RRR from northern Alberta. I may have the answer to one of your questions. What makes a scar like that in a 1956 windshield? It turns out that if you blow through a T intersection on a foggy morning and there's a mail box just off the end of the T the mail box comes in with you. If you're lucky enough to miss the post the box will go out again and leave your vehicle unscarred. What a crazy story, eh!

Latest posts

Back