NG

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeyfireman

Just found the site, and I really like it. I have never built a car before, but I am restoring a 1923 American La France fire engine. I love the ratrod look. There is a ford F5 for sale not to far from me that I am thinking about picking up. We will see where this journey takes me.

Welcome to the site, there are a couple of others that are into firetrucks, and rat firetrucks. This place is big on pictures, lets see what you have!!

Welcome to RRR!

How about a LaFrance Speedster? We like those!
117858.jpg

I couldnt imagine any custom one off radiator costing $10k nor the repair bill for an already built one being $4k.

I couldnt imagine any custom one off radiator costing $10k nor the repair bill for an already built one being $4k.

The radiator that I paid 4k for was not an off the shelf. They had to unsolder the old tanks, have a custom core build off the remnants of the old one, and then reassemble the tanks back on to the new core. All of this happened in Northern California where everything is more expensive.

The radiator that I paid 4k for was not an off the shelf. They had to unsolder the old tanks, have a custom core build off the remnants of the old one, and then reassemble the tanks back on to the new core. All of this happened in Northern California where everything is more expensive.

I had the same thing dont to a 57 radiator a few weeks ago and the guy only charged $130. I would say things do sound more expensive in California:D

Latest posts

Back