NG

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hopsing

Whats up, new guy here from Temecula, CA. Been into the custom car scene for 20+ years :eek:

Was a "mini-trucker" for alot of the time, but my love has always been the classic stuff.

Been a BMW parts advisor for the past couple of years. Previously was a partner of a shop doing mostly custom airbag suspensions on cars/trucks as well as doing custom bodywork. Have been out of the loop lately and haven't been working on anything custom for the past couple of years. I also race radio controlled off road cars as part time semi-professional hobby :cool:.

Ready to jump back in and start working on something again! :D I've got material to start on a "rat rod" T style ride. I also have 50 Chevy business coupe thats available if I want it. I do have a 66 cadillac coupe deville that I need to get rid of thats in pretty good shape. I'll post pics and info in the for sale ads soon.

I'll try to post up some pics of my past work that I've done, and will definately post construction pics once I get started on something!

Hope to be able to also contribute some useful info in the future.

Welcome.......

Wecome, Hopsing.
Looking forward to seeing your photos of past and current projects.
Enjoy your time here. '22

Welcome to the site. How does one get to the semi pro RC offroad racing level?

Race alot and know people ;) I'm sponsored by a company called KYOSHO, they make r/c cars (both on-road and off-road) I race electric 1/10 scale off road. I'm also sponsored by a compony called Team Orion, they manufacture electronic products for r/c cars (batteries, speed controls and motors). Basically, I put in a lot of time for several years, won a few big races, and placed high up in alot of others regularly. I help advertise their probucts and I get stuff for cheap (and sometimes for free) for doing well with there products. Believe it or not, some guys actually get paid to race these things. They are very good at what they do, and actually help to develop the products they run as well. Its more for fun for me, and I'm too old to get good enough to get paid!

Here is a pic of a 93 chevy truck I did suicide doors on for a customer. Also did the Cadillac front end conversion, rear 4 link/frame notch/airbags, shaved the door/tailgate handles, and roll pan at the rear. The backside of the front fenders were also completely filled/finished so that you cant see the front tire when the door is open and the jamb doesnt get dirty. Also got rid of the factory bulky latches and went with bear-claw latches. Much cleaner looking and easy to install. I did the work on the truck and didnt see it for at least a year, then I see a pic on the internet all finished/painted. I'll have to dig through my pics at home for some construction photos. I happened to have this one on my work computer.

Attachments

• DSC03466.jpg
    DSC03466.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 11
Welcome to RRR, Hopsing. Did the R/C thing a while back but, on ovals. Ran Kyosho products too. Looking forward to seeing pics of your project when you get started on it.

Here's a 56 F100 I bagged and 4 linked for a customer almost 3 years ago. Pretty basic setup, I built the step notch and 4 link/panhard bar set up.

Attachments

• davids_f100 (1).jpg
    davids_f100 (1).jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 7
  • davids_f100 (2).jpg
    davids_f100 (2).jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 5
  • davids_f100 (5).jpg
    davids_f100 (5).jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 8
  • davids_f100 (8).jpg
    davids_f100 (8).jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 9
A couple more pics. The truck already had a MII front suspension in place. So I made up some mounts to install air bags and shocks. The completed rear suspension with two 5 gallon air tanks, 8 electric valves that allow full 4 wheel control and laying running boards. :D

Attachments

• davids_f100 (3).jpg
    davids_f100 (3).jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 5
  • davids_f100 (9).jpg
    davids_f100 (9).jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 8
  • davids_f100 (11).jpg
    davids_f100 (11).jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 9
  • davids_f100 (4).jpg
    davids_f100 (4).jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 8
Nice work on the whole rear setup. I like the idea of putting the air system under the bed.

Latest posts

Back