NO Rear Brakes!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rustycarr

Ive got a 55 2door sedan with 327/4speed, it came with no rear brakes at all(nothing) i just installed a brand new set of front disc brakes on the front. has anyone ever run a car with just front disc until they can install rear brakes? or just a stupid idea?
101_1324.jpg

Ive got a 55 2door sedan with 327/4speed, it came with no rear brakes at all(nothing) i just installed a brand new set of front disc brakes on the front. has anyone ever run a car with just front disc until they can install rear brakes? or just a stupid idea?

Maybe if u were just gonna put put around or something but in traffic... I wouldn't risk it. Just ask u're self how u'd feel if u smashed the front end up!? :eek::eek::eek:

Kool lookin' tri-5!!!

BoB

Most of your braking is done by the front brakes, but I wouldn't risk a tri-5 on half-a$$ brakes. There are a lot of old beaters out there that the back brakes are seized and dont even work.

Like Tripper said....

Has anyone ever run a car with just front disc until they can install rear brakes? Or just a stupid idea?

Sounds like you answered your own question. Would you want your loved ones on the road with some guy only running half a brake system? Put ALL the brakes on and do it right. It's not that hard or expensive. I am sure the wait is worth you or someone else's life...

kinda what i was thinkin, probably just go with a disc break setup on the rear since there is nada..i noticed speedway has some bolt on kits on the cheap.

kinda what i was thinkin, probably just go with a disc break setup on the rear since there is nada..i noticed speedway has some bolt on kits on the cheap.

I think that since you're starting with nothing in the back that's probably the best way to go. You will have to change the master cylinder so you might as well consider going to power.

I think that since you're starting with nothing in the back that's probably the best way to go. You will have to change the master cylinder so you might as well consider going to power.

And while you're spending $$ get the right residual valve for rear discs. 2PSI I believe. That car is way too nice to bang up for lack of brakes, but I know how you feel about wanting to cruise it around! I had a 2 gal fuel tank strapped to the radiator support to "test drive" my rat with before I found a permanent tank.:cool:

rear

is that the stock rear end in that chebby? and does anyone know if 1954 chebby brakes will interchange if they do, i have a complete set up with two newer drums just going to waste. there yours for the shipping... let me know if this helps. dp1

is that the stock rear end in that chebby? and does anyone know if 1954 chebby brakes will interchange if they do, i have a complete set up with two newer drums just going to waste. there yours for the shipping... let me know if this helps. dp1

hey thanks for the offer, im gona go with disc brakes since i dont have any..

Latest posts

Back