Noob from GA

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevecvash

Hey everyone, my name is Steve Coffey a 21 year old from Winder, GA and new to hot rods but not to VW's or bikes, i am a pretty good welder and fabricator with a few couple of whole vehicles and some little mods here and there to other peoples cars under my belt so far. Have been dreaming of building a hot rod for about 5 years now getting parts here and there, so far Ive got just about everything i need for a rolling chassis. Need to find a body, i really like the look of the A coupes and roadsters (which are becoming increasingly more expensive), Ive got some 2x4 square tubing that i have z'd in the front about 10" and need to do the back but am not sure how much to move it to get it where i want it set.
I plan on making my frame fit a model a but fro now i have a 65 beetle body i want to use until i can find a good body, so i will be asking a bunch of questions about measurements and what would fit what and so on....... hope that makes a little since.
i also have a vw rpu i am working on slowly
Here are my two vehicles, both were completely stock when i bought them
my beetle daily driver front end is extended 10 1/2 inches
DSCI0022.jpg

my 73 cb750
13.jpg

and my rpu project(ive got the back of the cab finished and looking for a early truck bed, just no recent pictures
Tiffs0290.jpg

and here is some of the stuff a have collected over the years for my hot rod
http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/dd114/stevecvash/model a stuff/

Welcome to RRR, steve. Nice pair of bug projects. You have some company here. There's a few other bug guys here. Not a Honda guy but, that CB750 bobber is sweet.

welcome to the site, Steve....like what you've got goin there -bugs make neat rats to me, though some "other" sites may disagree;)
i noticed you're from Winder, there have been a few fiberglass streetrod bodies on the 'bay listed by a seller from winder-might be somethin to look in to, of course there would be no rust but one could make for a nice platform for a more traditional looking ride!

Georgia, huh? I lived in Griffin for 5 years. Bugs, in my opinion, are the most versatile of all the vehicles I've seen converted into rats.

There was a guy quite some years ago from Washington state who not only chopped his bug, but also widened it and lengthened it...somehow. The completed bug was a little over a foot wider, and a little under a foot shorter (height) and just over 6" longer.

two words.... gas mileage
i get about 28 mpg with dual carbs, 29 inch tall tires out back, and a 1600 engine in my 72 v-rod daily, it may not be fast but its got the cool factor, im saving the FAST for my future Model A project

Latest posts

Back