Noob from Washington state

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nexquietus

Hi all. I have loved cars for most of my life. Sadly, I have spent most of my time trying to keep the pieces of junk that I could afford running instead of doing something cool with one. Well, I have recently graduated college and with the more money comes more opportunity.

I have recently received a 1989 (I think) full size bronco from my brother for Free. Instead of refusing it for want of another junker, I am trying to make something out of it. I have a couple of options as I see it. Fix what's wrong (Leakey head gasket and wiring issues) only to sell it and fund a Rat Rod of some type, or break out the torches and wrenches and get to work.

The second option sounds more fun, but the first more sane. My dad helped foster a love of hot rods, but though I liked the glossy paint and uber chromed engine compartments, I could never see myself driving a car that I could feasibly eat off the air cleaner. Recently a buddy turned me onto a cool pic of a rat rod, and the rest, I hope is history.

So thanks for reading my long winded post, and I hope to learn something from you all.

jim

Welcome to the triple RRR Jim! Which ever way you decide to go with it you'll get lots of great advise from the guys here. You might be surprised about what you could do with that Bronco! Fix it and keep it, sell it, or use it as a parts donor for a rat project. Lots of options available sounds like to me.

Thunder

Thanks for all the welcome folks. I just dropped the Bronco off at my buddy's house where most of the work will be done. It's a bone stock 1984 Eddie Bauer edition Full size Bronco. The engine is a fuel injected 302 that runs, but has a leakey head gasket. I mocked up a picture of what it could look like using a pic I printed off the interwebz and a scalpel blade and am pretty excited. We think that we can lower it enough to look cool, but the challenge will be making the body set down enough and chopping the windows too. My friend has pretty good fab skills, but this will still be harder than we think, I have a feeling.

See you areound, and keep an eye peeled for pics and my build thread...

jim

Latest posts

Back