Not old skool...but kinda old skool

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EastCoastKrawler

Last week I noticed an ad on my local net classifieds for a '78 dodge camper crew cab "never seen winter". Turned out to be a '77 D-200 Camper Special with a 400 big block with 64 000 original kms. It's been sitting outside for a couple of years but its not rotten anywhere...super rare up here since '97 pickups are full of holes due to salty roads in the winters. Thought I'd share some pics....grabbed it for $800. Goin back this week to get the 400 fired up and throw some fresh rubber on it to bring it home....

Attachments

• dodge1.JPG
    dodge1.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 33
  • dodge2.JPG
    dodge2.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 11
  • dodge3.JPG
    dodge3.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 20
  • dodge4.JPG
    dodge4.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
And before anyone gets their panties in a bunch this isn't my rat rod project....just gonna be a parts hauler that doesn't have a check engine light and an OBD plug under the dash ;)

That will make a cool parts hauler ECK and looks to be in nice shape. And for the record, I don't wear panties either. There was a rumor that Don has some pretty sexy shorts though :D

That thing will haul a lot more than parts, It will haul the gates off of hell and go back for more. That was a truck when trucks had some "Brass" about them.

Very cool score, Nobody round here gonna fault you for that...

And before anyone gets their panties in a bunch this isn't my rat rod project....just gonna be a parts hauler that doesn't have a check engine light and an OBD plug under the dash ;)

truck looks good.
i just did the same thing, got rid of my ranger 4x4 for a 70 gmc . no more stupid lights coming on in the dash.

Thanks for the comments guys. I've always had a soft spot for Mopars since my dad's '74 Valiant slant six.

24dodge....I have admired your posts, It's refreshing to see something other than a Model A chopped and channeled like a skateboard. I really like what you've done...keep it coming :)

I am debating starting a tread on reviving a "ran when parked" vehicle for the newbie hot rodders, I think it'd make for some good tech fodder.

I'm gonna go get the Crewcab tomorrow....should be fun. It's gonna replace my 2001 GMC 2500HD 4x4, kind of an upgrade :D

Ken

2 funny!!!

I am debating starting a tread on reviving a "ran when parked" vehicle for the newbie hot rodders, I think it'd make for some good tech fodder.

Krawler,
That always tickles me... "It ran when it was parked"!!! That is hilarious... I always think... if it was running... why was it parked!?!? ; - >

BoB

Ok, just to give you the flavor of some of the "other" forums.................

"Hey, do a search, don't waste our time on this junk!!!!!! That isn't TRADITIONAL!!! You're an idiot!!!!! Why would anyone want to build one like that????????"

:D:D
Ouch, that hurt even to do it in fun. :eek: Nah, you won't get any of that stuff on good old RRR, we love em all. Nice little Dodge truck there, looks really solid. I've never seen that style before but I like it.

And I gave up wearing panties after that last little "incident." :D

Don

Latest posts

Back