Nother newb from okc!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bowtied

Hey fellas i'm josh. I'm 24 and i've been around cool cars and trucks most of my life. Right now i'm building a bagged and bodydropped 89 chevy reg cab short bed. Once it's done i plan on building about a 46ish chevy truck, straight six, suicide front chop top whide whites and flat orange primer over rusty metal lol. Anyways, glad to be aboard the board here. [S

Welcome to RRR Josh. Good to have you on the forum. As International rat said, we like build pictures and lots of them. So warm up your camera and head on out to the shop and shoot a whole lot of them. :D Looking forward to seeing the 89 and the 46ish.

Thunder

No i live on the nw side of okc (near hefner and may if your familiar) and we never lost power. Thank god. The last ice storm we had i was on the southside of town and was without power almost 3 weeks. I vowed to move outta state if that happend again! LOL

Yeah as far as the pictures go i'm still working on the 89. You can talk to rustbuilder it's a 5 year long project now. I'll get some pic's of it up here tho. Gotta round'em all up.

I am a fan of all cars trucks and bikes so i'll be around when possible. I've just been busy NOT working the last couple days lol. No job sucks!

Pictures in no particular order...

Attachments

• garage.jpg
    garage.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 1
  • fullview.jpg
    fullview.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 1
  • framedrop.jpg
    framedrop.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 1
  • cell.jpg
    cell.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 1
  • cabonframe.jpg
    cabonframe.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 1
Couple more. Let me know what you think...

Attachments

• bodydrop.jpg
    bodydrop.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 1
  • side frame.jpg
    side frame.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 1
A little bit of info on the truck. I First bagged it and drove it like that for about a year. Then got the urge to bodydrop it (or cut the frame down and "channel" it whatever you wanna call it LOL). I used 2x4x3/16 square tubing to reinforce the frame rails then just trimmed down the rail after i welded the tubing in. Then plated it up near the motor and plug welded the outside rail to the new square tube inside. So it's as stout as we could make it.

Then we took the motor apart on a stand put all new gaskets in, new pushrods (couple had a slight bend in them). New timing chain set oil pump, new water pump, hei distributor etc. Also converted it from a 5 speed manual to a turbo 350 automatic (Which looking back i should have done a 4 speed). Anyways it's set up for 22's all around on 1/2" air line. And it'll have a retro style interior!

Latest posts

Back