NW Newbie

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

400orbust

I thought I'd be courteous and introduce myself since I've been lurking for awhile and since I may need some advice in the future! I'm new into the rat rod thing but have been into vintage VW's for a bit. I've restored a few pre '67 vw buses and currently have a '65 doublecab waiting for some love. However, it is on the backburner now because I've been bit by rat rods. I've been considering a project for over a year now and a couple months ago decided to start a build. It is going to be similar to Mike Partyka's 31 ford but with my own changes here and there. I've really debated using someone else's design but after consideration this is going to be so much work/time that I figured I may as well invest my efforts/money into what I like and I like that rod....so all credit for the basic design to him. On that note...I have a 30-31 model a pickup cab ready to be chopped and I am currently working on the rear frame. It is all from scratch...really enjoying my new plasma cutter. I'll try to post some photos and/or do a build thread if there is interest. I'm married, 3 young kids and a very full time job so I only get and hour or two per week on this project.
One of the major things I'll be interested in having help with is engine/trans selection...I do not want a SBC, would like to find something unique.
Thanks,
-J

Welcome to the site
A build thread lets us follow along, allows you to ask questions and lets us see others techniques.

Hi 400 and welcome to RRR from northern Alberta. Yep, pictures and a build thread. My vote is a Y-block Ford, because they are the coolest of all of them. Also, one of the uniquest!

Latest posts

Back