O/T computer virus

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wayfarer

Subject: Fw: UPS/Fed Ex Virus

Felt this worth passing along. With Christmas coming up, I can see where this could be a real problem.

The newest virus circulating is the UPS/Fed Ex Delivery Failure. You will receive an e-mail from UPS/Fed Ex Service along with a packet number. It will say that they were unable to deliver a package sent to you on such-and-such a date. It then asks you to print out the invoice copy
attached. DON'T TRY TO PRINT THIS. IT LAUNCHES THE VIRUS! Pass this warning on to all your PC operators at work and home. This virus has caused Millions of dollars in damage in the past few days.
Snopes confirms that it is real.

http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/ups.asp

I just got one of those emails, already got them a few month ago also.Most virus programs see that it has a virus,my computer always does.
But yes look out for that!

Thanks for the heads up. I just had to put my tower in the dumpster and buy a new one. It was getting slower and slower, finally I did a system restore and all I had was a blank screen when it was finished running that program. :( I've started getting emails from people I know, like my Son Dan, that are not from them. When I see NO SUBJECT, I delete the message without opening it up.

I really don't understand what pleasure someone gets from screwing up another persons computer. :mad:

Don

Latest posts

Back