off the wall engines??

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratrodney

Hey all.
Just curious as to what al types of the off the norm engines are out there in rat rods? Always see the usuals thats naturally gonna be used but wondered what all wild combos are out there? RR:D

263ci straight 8 Buick, with a mind blowing 126hp!

065.jpg

008.jpg

hotrod 029.jpg

unique power source

Hi ratrodney,
I made a dually ratrod before they were cool in the early eighties, and ran it up until 2010. It had tall pistons, headers and a stroker crankshaft. The Mercury FE motor was like a 390ci but had a 428 crank, making it a 410ci. I think all of the 410's came with tall cool tappet covers like these. [Pic 2]
[Pic 1] is my dually '78 Ford.

Attachments

• 1978 Ford 1 ton.jpg
    1978 Ford 1 ton.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 60
  • chrome FEtappetcovers.jpg
    chrome FEtappetcovers.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 75
I was just reading an old issue of Hop Up and they were putting an air cooled Ranger airplane engine in a roadster. They bought a T-19 trainer for $100, kept the engine and seat and threw the rest away.:eek:

I've got a model A pick up waiting for me when I get the money together and I plan on putting a 4bt in it. Love diesel anything. Supercharged Buick 3.8l v6 would also be cool.

I have three Aluminum Buick "nailhead" engines. They're the 215 C.I. engines that came in the early 60's Skylarks. One day I hope to put one together for some fenderless / hoodless toy

Latest posts

Back