OH, Got My NEW Toy TOO!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Gussett

Yep... he can do it!
Live in the hilly country of Chillicothe Ohio.
Well, I got me a new toy too! After my wife had her hearse delivered I had the same guy go pick up my NEW 58 Edsel and haul it to my shop!
It's real clean too ! All of the stainless trim is in real good shape and is piled inside of it! Only 37,000 actual miles too! Whatcha think about this UGLY Duckling?:D Going to have fun with this BEAST![cl

Attachments

• 025.JPG
    025.JPG
    106.5 KB · Views: 89
  • 026.JPG
    026.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 88
  • 027.JPG
    027.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 029.JPG
    029.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 73
  • 031.JPG
    031.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 78
  • 034.JPG
    034.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 67
  • 032.JPG
    032.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 58
Putting all that chrome back on my 59 Edsel was a pain in the buttocks...but they are so ugly they're cool. Good luck with your 58

Got it!

Oh now I see.....you got something for the wife so you could sneak another one in for yourself.

WELL DUH!! ;)

OK so you have pulled that trick too I see!
Elguapo, Plans are to paint it up in a satin color of either dark blue or burgandy with silverish top and inset,Bag it and nice wheels and tires?
Maybe????????????? Going to get everything straightened around and running good first![S

I always see a face in a car's front end. The lights are the eyes, the grill and bumper are the nose and mouth. Well you get the idea. Anyway, the Edsel always make me think of a fox that ate a sour persimmon and is all puckered up. So I like the license plate idea too [cl

Nice Edsel, I've been wanting a wagon for a while, just can't find one in the great lakes region that isn't fully rusted.

i think its a cool old car-they had some "neat" features didn't they...

i remember an old guy that had 2 or 3 of them setting around 20 years ago--never did know what happened to all his stuff when he died, [S

sorry for that ramble.....anyway edsels are making a comeback--perhaps more desirable now than when new!!:D

keep us posted:cool:

Here's a couple. And a little chop (which it doesn't need at all).

Attachments

• 026a.jpg
    026a.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 36
  • 025a.jpg
    025a.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 026b.jpg
    026b.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 34
I really tried for the burgundy instead of blue, but it either looked purple or black. I have a pretty old version of PS. Edsel's look heavy and just scream to be dropped. Don't need much else. Awesome find.

hmmmmmm,.. got to get to the drawing board!!!

for some reason that back window would make one badbutt windshield,....hmmmmm. make a convertible out of that and I'll take the back glass, oh wait it would be twice as wide as my project. Shucks,

I got an idea, no chop four door eliminate the front and rear window trim, window wings removed, and do a little mod to the front of the roof (visor style) to match the rear slope of roof. Then to set it off rear view of the car, a couple big ol exhaust pipes (talking 8" to 10") to give it that jet powered look to match the front end. Wait a minute then it would look like the Jetsons car,..........

Latest posts

Back