Ok Guys Help me out

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djlackore

This is going to be a trip. I am looking to build my first rat rod. I am looking at a 1936 chevy truck cab that comes with the frame and 12 bolt rear end. Any suggestions on frames or using the frame i get. Basically i need to know the basics to getting started. I have never welded before either.

Any tips will be appreciated.

[P

First off I love that style Chevy truck. Get some pictures posted up of what you have. There is a good chance you can make the frame that you have work. Tell us what you want to end up with. Search the Builds for trucks similar to yours, doesn't have to be a Chevy even, just similar to where you want to go. These guys have done it all. Start studying the Builds and gathering parts!

Do you know a good welder? If you don't, make friends with one. I can't help you with the frame question myself. I will add that I didn't feel comfortable welding up my own frame, so I did the cutting and layout, and hired a guy to come and do the welding. Safety first.

Yeah i know guys who can weld. Also i would like to go with a shortbed. Chop the top of the cab maybe 3 inches. I have not bought anything yet but am getting ready to.

Basically i need to know the basics to getting started. I have never welded before either.

Any tips will be appreciated.

Look at some of the builds in the build section & just dive in & do it! It's not that hard and there's plenty of people here that are more than willing to help you if you need it. And yes, Chevy's used a lot of wood in their cars and trucks, that why there are more Fords around but that just makes the Chev's more unusual and I love the way they look. Good luck and keep us posted.

Beercan

Latest posts

Back