Ok, I do it...bet you do too!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donsrods

Something dawned on me the other night when I was closing up at the shop for the night. I always stop and take one more look at my car and admire the work I did that night as I am walking by. In fact, sometimes I actually turn the lights back on and sit down for a little longer look. I suspect I am not alone in doing this "second take."

It's kind of like the commercial where Tony Stewart stands there staring at his Vette. Come on, fess up, bet you all do the same thing!!! :D:D

Don

I do it even when I haven't done anything. The lights are on 3 swithes and sometimes I leave the center lights on til last, more dramatic.:rolleyes:

there are three doors that can exit my house... front door, porch door and through the garage. even though the garage is the longest way to get the the drive to leave, i ALWAYS go that way just to look at my truck one last time before i leave. and when i come home... yup... through the garage to say "hello sweetie".... my wife gets so jealous!

Guilty! I'll do that when I'm fabricating I'll sit down and stare until something pops into the head. Sometimes I sit there a long time.:confused: Then I'll sit there and stare after a put part on.

I do that to, but i dont have light switches. When the sun goes down, my staring is over, unless the moon is bright. But at night i can still see a glimpse of it, especially when headlights hit it. But as soon as the sun comes up, there she is again, sittin and wishin, and hopin and sittin. But i do look back at her everyday that i leave out of the drive.

I always go back to check it out.Then I open an ice cold frosty beverage.Then sit and look for awile.I always find something else that I need to do while checking out the last thing I did.

After that I go check all the locks at least twice.

Have any of you rolled a project out in the drive just so you could bait
your neighbors into stopping and introducing themselves :)

or cruised the neighborhood for the same ????

Oh, guilty of looking. I even have the car & truck in different garages just so I can admire my handiwork. :D:D

Have any of you rolled a project out in the drive just so you could bait
your neighbors into stopping and introducing themselves :)

I moved into a area that has a lot of retired people and my wife was all nervous about my projects and tatoos and such with the older folks in the subdivision. Well when I need room in the garage to do work I roll the 39 out onto the driveway. All sorts of neighbors and older guys started to come over to reminiss about the old days and the cars they owned. Its kindda cool how some regular peole even appreciate rods.

Tony who.....

"It's kind of like the commercial where Tony Stewart stands there staring at his Vette. Come on, fess up, bet you all do the same thing!!!"

It's funny you mentioned that commercial for 2 reasons..........

1. I hate Tony Stewart

2. His ICEE never melted..........:D

Mine always melted too quickly....LOL......never lasted all day and into the night....hahaha.....I bet y'all look for that now when you see the commercial again!! It drives Flat crazy when I see that commercial because I bring that up every time I see it! LOL :D

Me and my dad sit and stare. for every 10 minutes of work we have 2 hours of staring haha:D

I did that last night. I worked until about 5 AM on my Dodge, and even though I was fried from putting in an 18 hour day, I still had to sit down and stare at what i had accomplished before shutting off the lights. I could probably build a car in half the time if I didn't stare so much.

Don

Latest posts

Back