ok l.e.d.s help

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigShem

ok were to begin. ok my 54 buick ,all lights work she has a generator supplying the juice i bought these led bulbs tail lights license plate dome ect.ect. installed them i got nothingnot one lights up... whats going on .. ok heres my theory the generator is not giving me enough juice should i switch to an altenator... or do i need a load equalizer relay ...or is there something tottally different i need . i figure you guys would know better than me or atleast point me in a direction... any help would be appreciated
thanks[S[S

did you make sure the wires werent reversed and that you had a good ground?
LEDs dont light up if they dont follow polarity
also -- they only draw about 1/10 the power of a normal light
so you have to be sure and ground them out good -- if not they may not draw enough
power to ground out -- if you just replaced the bulbs make sure theyve got
the same little prong things on the bottom lights
if that doesnt work i dunno
check the fuses? test for power --??

but if the generator lights up a normal light it should light up an led no problem...

Last edited:
you would figure right that would .... i do have the the right light bulb prongy thingys...lol i'll check the grounds on them i didnt even think of that thanks and thats what i thought also they drawed les juice than a regular bulb ok thanks let me go check the grounding brb

yes its twelve volt its grounded and cleaned the contacts so now im tottally stumped regular bulbs work fine leds dont work i tried everything i know anymore suggestions

Check out the L.E.D.'s on just a battery or battery charger - see if they work - just remember they have to be wired + to + and - to -,

do as lightning says about the battery test of the lights --
if they dont work -- you either got the wrong lights
or bad lights --
if they do work -- then the only thing i can think of is it might have to do with the fuses or some sort of volt regulator type things -- for instance flashers need to be swapped sometimes for led blinkers to work.

Is it a twist in bulb or a push in bulb. had that problem one time with a push in bulb. Turn the bulb and push it it and it worked.

LED's do not have any restiance so flashers that have to "heat up" to trip will not work with out a resistor in line or change to eltronic flasher.As stated before + - MUST be correct. have fun you could add some blue leds for blue dots you can switch on and off

Latest posts

Back