OK..take a peek..

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadRATT

This was after about 3 hours of changing and re-changing the tape lines.The back window cut out has me baffled for some reason.I came up with this so far.The arrows are where I THINK I should cut...please let me know..:D:D

Attachments

• SANY0442.jpg
    SANY0442.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 71
I you are dropping the rear window down the same widthas the chop ypu will need to remove the same amount under the rear window. Otherwise it looks alright almost same way I did mine. But I cut to the outside of the taped area up to the verticle line and removed the rectangular area below the window.

001-5.jpg

014.jpg

017.jpg

Another thing. No matter how careful you are to get very straight cuts, you will still have the top on and off a bunch of times grinding small amounts until the gaps are as tight as possible. The tighter the gap the less work welding and fitting.

Don

Another thing. No matter how careful you are to get very straight cuts, you will still have the top on and off a bunch of times grinding small amounts until the gaps are as tight as possible. The tighter the gap the less work welding and fitting.

Don

words to listen to!! neglecting to "trim & fit" will always be regretted when trying to weld across a 1/2" GAP!!!!:eek::eek::D:D

seriously, make it fit before welding anything

Ok..removed the tape and re-taped..AGAIN..lol.

Ok..spent a few more hours trying to get it right.I removed the old tape and re-taped it.I will be cutting on the OUTSIDE of the tape lines.I noticed a brace on the inside would interfere so I made the line just under the bracing.My GF keeps asking me..."How long are you going to stalk it before you cut it..? " LMAO

Attachments

• SANY0448.jpg
    SANY0448.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 16
  • SANY0447.jpg
    SANY0447.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 27
  • SANY0446.jpg
    SANY0446.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 15
  • SANY0445.jpg
    SANY0445.jpg