Old Dodge truck. Deal or not??

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratrodney

Hey all.

Might be able to get this old 56,57,58ish?? Dodge truck. It has a small block mopar and I think a 3 or 4 speed tranny, but owner wasnt there for me to get in the cab so not sure. Its nice n solid and it runs n drives.
I can nab it for about 8-900 bucks! Good deal?? Opinions??? RR

Attachments

• 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 91
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 83
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 98
  • 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 76
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 71
  • 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 116
Looks like a decent deal. From the looks of it the truck seems like it was driving in the not too distant past. I am curious if it is still sitting on the original frame or if someone did a frame swap.

Any solid truck that runs and drives is worth a grand. As long as there is title!

Power steering looks to be hooked up too.

Engine looks like a big block...

Hey all.

Might be able to get this old 56,57,58ish?? Dodge truck. It has a small block mopar and I think a 3 or 4 speed tranny, but owner wasnt there for me to get in the cab so not sure. Its nice n solid and it runs n drives.
I can nab it for about 8-900 bucks! Good deal?? Opinions??? RR

Looks like a 383 or possibly a old 361... don't think it's a small block... but good find for the money..... i'd grab it up....
JMHO

old dodge.

Not the original engine and not a smallblock.Dodge smallblock dist. is in the rear of engine.You might be lucky and its an older 383 bigblock.Running and a (title) its worth the money.No title its useless except on the farm.:cool:

I like it. Trucks are becoming more popular as hot rods. If you are thinking about a chop, it might be more difficult with the curved front window.

My bet it isn't on the original frame. The master cylinder is one clue and the power steering pump. Plus the mentioned wide front wheel stance.
Still not a bad price. I think it's a 57-58, definitely not a 56.

That booster/MC is from an 80`s 1/2 ton dodge. However, the motor looks like a 70`s big block. Not for sure on that, but it is definitely not a small block. I say grab it up, then if you don`t like it, you can always sell/give it to me :D

-Johnson

Oh, sidenote: if that engine/tranny are from a 70`s dodge pickup, the tranny(if it`s a stick) is probably a 4 speed.

Latest posts

Back