old f3? newb

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markjeep9

I recently have found a truck in a side yard that is just sitting there rotting away. It is a ford f3 in pretty decent shape well for its age and being outside it looks like for awhile, especially for up here in NH. It is all there with mostly all of the rot being on the lower fenders and floor boards. Im not sure how to tell what year this truck is but it looks like late 40s. Any one have a average price this type of truck would go for? I want to know somewhat what im looking at before I go asking around to see if they are interested in selling it. Thanks

Welcome Mark, Ya might try doing a google image search for a few different years to see if you can identify your truck, ive done that myself a few times, really helps. Good luck. Also if ya had a pic to post here, these guys are very sharp on this stuff.

This is the best i could get with my cell phone driving by but ill try to get better pictures maybe this weekend. Google images is how I figured maybe late 40s early 50s... either way I want this cab to start my first project. Thanks for the help

ry%3D480

I have no idea what year the truck is but my best advice is let the owner quote a price first then make a counter offer. Never make the first offer. Cool looking truck.[P[;):cool:

On the same note....

Remember me complaining about never coming across any good deals.... well maybe I have.... this guy has these sitting in a storage area..... told a friend of mine he wants them gone..... I had told all my friends.... (both of them...lol) to keep an eye out for a possible project 50's vehicle...

My questions....what year(s) do they look like? Also, is the pickup an F100 or heavier? Either way, if the price is right, I'm gonna get them..... any help with what what they're worth??.... the stake truck runs and drives.....good glass and has a solid chassis.... this ain't my field of expertise so I'm asking for the help of the masters..... the guy owns the storage facility and they were left abandoned... he owns them.....says he doesn't want them and has no interest in them, just wants them gone..... I haven't seen them only these pic's my friend sent me..... help me obewan kanobe.....

Attachments

• ford flat bed other view.JPG
    ford flat bed other view.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 13
  • ford pickup.JPG
    ford pickup.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 17
op.. if you can come up with an up close shot of front end/side view that'll help out alot with the determination of a year of what you're looking at

sgt. the pickup looks really close to my 49' im about to start on. which that year body style is 48-54? (i think)..

Sarg, the ones in your pics are 48-50's, cabs are similar on the 51-52's but front is different. Also the back glass is bigger in the 51-52. Mark, I suspect the one you are looking at is also 48-50. As for price do like NIR said, let the owner make the first move. Good luck guys.

Going to see them tomorrow at 10am....

Apparently there are 3 of them up there..... one is flat head V8... my friend didn't know which one, one has a flathead six and the other has no engine....guy is in the process of obtaining what we call TR52 titles.... taken as abans and titles made for new owner.... the guy that owns the storage area... told my friend again when he called that he just wants them gone and out of the storage yard... we'll see how bad he wants to get rid of them.... ;)

sorry the pic's were sent from my friends camera phone.....

Last edited:
grab'em

lots info and parts for these kind of truck.

sgtpontiac, if ya get'em and ya don't want the flathead motors, CL or the
HAMB is a good place to sell or trade them.

Later:cool:

the only flat head I ever rebuilt was a boat motor..

lots info and parts for these kind of truck.

sgtpontiac, if ya get'em and ya don't want the flathead motors, CL or the
HAMB is a good place to sell or trade them.

Later:cool:

I did a grey marine 6 cyl inboard motor on a 22ft. cruiser motor back in the 80's.... was interesting... not sure about the flat head v8.... better not dream too much until they're sitting in my yard along side the barn....LOL

Latest posts

Back