Old Mack and Fords

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Banger

I found this old Mack 20+ years ago. Unfortunetly it will never be for sale. This is on a farm in the lower mainland of B.C.. Years ago the owner told his sons to drag home any old cars/trucks they could find. Apparently the barns were full of early 30's Fords. We were not allowed to have a look. There was a '33 three window coupe in the field that they accidently ran over with a machine because the grass grew up around it and they couldn't see it. I will see if I have more pictures. I don't imagine much has changed since I was there.
The Mack is not a Jr. so it must be a little bigger than a 1 ton.

TruckPictures061.jpg

one day they will be for sale ..... maybe a hundred years from now though. some day someone will have some cool metal to work with.

hopefully some of these guys are dieing off and the stuff may get released from there prisons. It is the right of the owners to hold and destroy what ever they want. I have made a few enimies speaking my opinion when these guys show up at cruise nights and car shows telling everyone that they have a bunch of old cars as if they are all restored and mint. I just tell them OH your talking about your junk yard and rusty crap. For some reason they dont like me.:confused:

There was a guy here who had stripped down cars and parts all over his yard including the front yard. The city told him to clean it up or they would send a crew to do it and he would have to pay for it. Long story short, his stripped down real '69 Trans Am went to the crusher.

happens alot around here --- you get the "eccentric old hoarder" who has a rust garden time warp of potential and parts on his property -- and when he passes and the daughter in law see all the "junk" she just calls someone and PAYS them to take it to the scrapper not know what it was worth when i would gladly take the lot of it off her hands for free and even pay for some of it -- wish there was a way to prevent this happening aside from telling the old man to write down my name and contact info so when he dies his collection goes to a good home.

hoarder?

when I was younger and poorer , I felt the same way , why dont these old goats give anything up. I wanted!!!! As I got older and perhaps a little wealthier, vehicles became available . They came HOME.[ some of you have granchildren around, I dont] so now my "kids"[old cars] are my front yard. It seems now I am the eccentric old hoarder. I guess I am ok with that. I think it comes down to the haves versus the have nots. You guys that WANT, work for it as I have , It"ll come to you in time. Us old guys have loved old cars a lot longerthen the young pups. Dont we deserve what ever we worked for. Ass in the air! nose to the grind stone ! FOCUS it"ll happen then one day you get old and POOF your an eccentric old hoarder. just my rant, have a good day. FRIENDS

when I was younger and poorer , I felt the same way , why dont these old goats give anything up. I wanted!!!! As I got older and perhaps a little wealthier, vehicles became available . They came HOME.[ some of you have granchildren around, I dont] so now my "kids"[old cars] are my front yard. It seems now I am the eccentric old hoarder. I guess I am ok with that. I think it comes down to the haves versus the have nots. You guys that WANT, work for it as I have , It"ll come to you in time. Us old guys have loved old cars a lot longerthen the young pups. Dont we deserve what ever we worked for. Ass in the air! nose to the grind stone ! FOCUS it"ll happen then one day you get old and POOF your an eccentric old hoarder. just my rant, have a good day. FRIENDS

hey whoa lol no worries -- that was supposed to be something like the words of the daughter in law --- not mine -- i envy all you guys with your snazzy little and some huge garages and plethora of vehicles and parts -- im looking forward to having my own little piece of land and shop on it -- i hate that i can come across amazing deals and have nowhere to put them as it is my little one car garage driveway and next to driveway are full -- and we re renting a house now just lucky my LL is kinda the same way i guess-- but looking for a couple acres and a little house on the outskirts of town -- if theres a hoarder in the bunch its me lol and id rather be eccentric than boring.

I found this old Mack 20+ years ago. Unfortunetly it will never be for sale. This is on a farm in the lower mainland of B.C.. Years ago the owner told his sons to drag home any old cars/trucks they could find. Apparently the barns were full of early 30's Fords. We were not allowed to have a look. There was a '33 three window coupe in the field that they accidently ran over with a machine because the grass grew up around it and they couldn't see it. I will see if I have more pictures. I don't imagine much has changed since I was there.
The Mack is not a Jr. so it must be a little bigger than a 1 ton.

TruckPictures061.jpg

I love old Macks. I've had my eye on an all but abandoned 63 Mack B61 for 10 years. It belongs to a contract mail hauling company here in Nashville. Every couple of years I ask the owner if they would ever consider selling it? "It's not for sale, it was one of our original tractors in 64" is the usual answer. I've asked if they are going to ever restore it or get it running again? "Probably not" is the answer to that question. So it sits in the back lot covered in weeds with dry rotted tires and so it goes. :mad: What a waste!

Old Macks make a great rat rod. I used to have a picture of a 63 B61 turned into a pickup. Very cool looking and not that hard to do. [dr You simply section the fenders and grill a few inches and mount the cab on a Ford F250 frame. Old White cabs are easy to do too.

Latest posts

Back