Old Tires

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burgerman

The County has a free tire disposal day today, limit of 20. Hitting the road soon. How many do you have laying around ?

Attachments

• 20230930_160639.jpg
    20230930_160639.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 25
I’m like bobw, I’ve got more in the woods than I should have. Most of mine are semi truck tires, some I had saved to recap but never got around to, some were’t usable as cores but I wasn’t paying $50 disposal fees. A few are regular passenger tires. I toss one of the smaller ones on brush piles when I burn them, they’re gone pretty quick. The big ones will just rot away in the woods. They’re far enough away from the house and deep enough in the woods they’re not seen.

Just to put your mind at ease, dutch, when I have to sell the house, the tires will be taken care of. Until then, they are not bothering anyone or anything.

A few years ago I managed to get rid of most of my old tires. I dismounted the old tires off the wheels and got rid of the tires.

Then my son started using my old tire machine, and suddenly, there are about 10 old tires in the lower garage again. He tells me "They are still good." I tell him to take them home with him then. They are still here.

Around here, it costs about $5 to get rid of each old tire. Places that sell new tires will take them, but you got to pay for the disposal of each old one.

Here in Alberta new tires have a $4 per tire recycling fee charge. The old tires can then go to the landfill or a recycling center for free.

We have that too. But you have to buy a new tire to get rid of an old tire at no charge. Last summer when I went deep into Wisconsin to pick up a frame, the guy I bought it from had just spent $3,000 to get rid of a lot of old tires.

A few years ago I managed to get rid of most of my old tires. I dismounted the old tires off the wheels and got rid of the tires.

Then my son started using my old tire machine, and suddenly, there are about 10 old tires in the lower garage again. He tells me "They are still good." I tell him to take them home with him then. They are still here.

Around here, it costs about $5 to get rid of each old tire. Places that sell new tires will take them, but you got to pay for the disposal of each old one.

$50 to get 10 old tires out of my life, I'd just pay it and move on.

$50 to get 10 old tires out of my life, I'd just pay it and move on.

What? And miss out on the fun of giving my 40 yo son a had time? :D

The reality is, those old tires are pretty much out of my sight, that lower garage is 24' x 24' and the tire pile is in the one corner. They are under roof so they are not collecting water.

When my wife and I die, he and his sister will get this place, and those old tires will be his problem once again.

My wife bought some rubber mulch for her flower bed. Guess what rubber mulch really is? [S

Old tires ground up and died dark brown.

I pay to get rid of them, and she buys them back. :p

What? And miss out on the fun of giving my 40 yo son a had time? :D

The reality is, those old tires are pretty much out of my sight, that lower garage is 24' x 24' and the tire pile is in the one corner. They are under roof so they are not collecting water.

When my wife and I die, he and his sister will get this place, and those old tires will be his problem once again.

My wife bought some rubber mulch for her flower bed. Guess what rubber mulch really is? [S

Old tires ground up and died dark brown.

I pay to get rid of them, and she buys them back. :p

I was thinking more for your son to dispose of them :). I've learned that clutter in my living space is clutter in my mind that I don't need. Trying to apply that to my garage and yard.

Latest posts

Back