olskoolrodz sponsoring Santa Maria (paso show)

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

workin class

Geno anounced that the new West Coast Kustom show (ex Paso Robles) now Santa Maria will be sponsored by Olskoolrodz and C.K.Deluxe so there will always be room for rat rods at that big event. I bet the stonch H.A.M.B.S wont be to happy. All I have to say is thanks Geno for putting your money back into the hobbie and I will keep buying your mags.

Whoa, that's a surprise. :eek: Who used to sponser Paso? From everything I have seen on the HAMB, I figured it was mostly traditional cars and a HAMB event.

It will be interesting to see the posts that are done on other forums about this development.

Don

That is a shocker!

Wow... that's a real surprise! Wonder if they are going to have it the same weekend & if it will compete with the show that will be moving!?

BoB

show poster this is the show that was the original paso.

Attachments

• SantaMaria2008_mid.jpg
    SantaMaria2008_mid.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 40
I think the city fathers of Paso had a lot to do with the change. It was supposed to let only 500 cars in originally and then they bumped it to 800. I think it was a wise move. I've never been but always wanted to. "The Hamb" has a BUNCH of closet rat rodders. It wasn't a HAMB sponsored show just a bunch of HAMBers went. TP

No it was never a HAMB show but for the disrespect of a few of the hamb members toward the Olskoolrodz publishers the fact that Geno is stepping up to the plate to help the show is a wise move on his part. :cool:

I don't really know any of the politics of this but I for one have always enjoyed the ol school,hot rod deluxe,ck deluxe all of the so called rat rod magazines. I build what I can afford. call them what you want ,but I call them "mine". TP

Ive been collecting hot rod magazines over 20 years and still buy and support the mags I like osr and ck deluxe are on my allways buy list. My collection goes back to 1947 and I love the diverisity of the hobbie. Im not a hot rod god and have no right telling others what to build and how to build. As a member of the HAMB aswell I wish some others were of the same mind as us.

Last edited:
I think the city fathers of Paso had a lot to do with the change. It was supposed to let only 500 cars in originally and then they bumped it to 800. I think it was a wise move. I've never been but always wanted to. "The Hamb" has a BUNCH of closet rat rodders. It wasn't a HAMB sponsored show just a bunch of HAMBers went. TP

You're definately right about the city having alot to do with the change. They have been letting 800 cars in and still turning away alot of people. The city demanded that they decrease the number of cars from 800 to 500. They (the city) frown upon the show even though it brings in a ton of money. The real final straw that made the change happen was, now get this, the city demanded that no primered cars be allowed! Can you believe it. This was to keep out the "noisy hot rod element." I know, hard to believe but its true. Check out the next issue of CKD and in the letters section there will be a response from CKD going into greater detail about it. I've never been to the show, but it sounds like it will be much better this year and Santa Maria and its merchants are welcoming it with open arms, unlike Paso.

Its funny, but on the other site, they are telling pin-ups and their photogs, not to show up. I, for one, enjoy pin-ups. I find sitting in 1 spot boring. I usually leave shows after I've seen all the rods. Pin-ups make it worth staying. I find the ride there and back, the most enjoyable.

I started a thread on the HAMB thanking Geno for stepping up and sponsoring Santa Maria (ex Paso). Like I expected it turned to name calling and drama lasted about 8 hrs and 10 posts then got CENSORED. :rolleyes:

They were accually blaming olskool for starting this whole pin-up and kulture stuff. As I know it that stuff was going on long before osr was even around. The first real publication that brought the hot rod kulture out was HOT ROD DELUXE published by HOT-ROD magazine it turned into Car Kulture Deluxe after Aaron quit peterson and took it on his own for a while then it died off. Koolhouse bought the rights from some one and have been publishing it since. In the first issue that Koolhouse published Aaron Laskie the originator had a thank you letter for stepping up and keeping it going and I will concoure Thanks guys for Olskoolrodz and Car Kulture Deluxe.

Thats been a great change too. Hot Rod Deluxe is back by the way. I think its only published quarterly though.

My son and I made it down to Paso for the last two years. The setting was perfect. Haven't decided if we will be going to Santa Maria yet. There certainly was no shortage of rat rods there. Oops, can I say rat rod?

It is a shame we have to worry about politics for a car show?

Everyone should just build what they want and if no body wants to look at your car, you failed, build something else.

Latest posts

Back