??? on Morris Minor frame

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilgription

I am able to pick up a 51 Morris Minor panel truck for real cheap. The thing is it has no frame , just the entire body. Does or has anybody ever put one of these on another frame . I would like to go the easy way and just find a rolling frame instead of building one . I know the wheelbase is between 85-86 inches. what out there compares ??????. Just gonna make a cheap rat to play with

If it was mine, a trip to the steel yard would be the first step in building a frame. I doubt there is a reasonable frame to use for that car. I kept the original frame in my Anglia but added so much material I could have started from scratch more easily.

If you are in Europe maybe you can find something that would work.

Maybe a S10 frame will work.If its too long you can always shorten it to fit your body.If you don't want the coil springs up front maybe you can use a 47-54 Chevrolet truck frame.

You do know he said Morris Minor right? They are TINY. Not gonna be close on either of those.

You're gonna have to build a chassis to get anywhere near looking right.

they are pretty small................ I just hate to spend the time on a fabbed frame when there has to be something out there that would work.....BUT if i spend alot of time and energy looking I probably could have done built one..LOL...Thats why I had asked if anybody had tinkered with one yet..

Not many small cars have a decent frame that would fit your body. This may seem out there but perhaps an older Jeep frame or possibly a Suzuki Samurai frame would be close. Of course you'd have to change the front end though even an original Mustang II front end would be too wide so you may be looking at a custom front supension.......... Hmmm - gasser ??[S if you went with the Samurai frame, just put a straight axle on the leafs and yer off to the races :cool:

Do you happen to know how wide the frame was for that truck and how wide is the truck?

85 -86 wheel base is going to be hard to find, But you can always cut it to fit.

Do you happen to know how wide the frame was for that truck and how wide is the truck?

85 -86 wheel base is going to be hard to find, But you can always cut it to fit.

overall width is 5'1" track width is 4' 2.6". I'm thinking maybe a right hand drive mail jeep might work

Latest posts

Back