One Man, One Night, with 2 Cars and a Welder..

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue

So yesterday I picked up a Jeep Grand Cherokee from a friend to use as a donor vehicle.
V8, 4WD for $300..

JeepB4_zpsftwqx3zn.jpg

Add that plus $125 worth of new steel to build a frame, and my $100 37 Ford.

CarB4_zpsyili7jv6.jpg

Pulled an all nighter last night and 15hrs later..

Jeep CARcass

Jeep%20After_zpslnlxx4s1.jpg

and what maybe the first 4wd 37 Ford sedan, lol

Car15hr_zpstyisfi76.jpg

Still have a long way to go.. Front end is just resting there, its not mounted.. Body still needs to come down 6 more inches, but I need some skinny wheels and tires with less backspacing so the body can come down between them, then I can build a floor..
I planned on getting more done, but my help bailed, so I was working by myself last night

TransferCase_zpscazhdy8s.jpg

Loooookin' good! What was wrong with the Cherokee... $300 seems pretty cheap!

BoB

It's a 93, It was from a friend. He was no longer using it and needed money fast.
He said if he didn't need the $ he would have given it to me. I once gave him a 2000 S10 that there was nothing wrong with.. I got it to use as a donor, didn't end up using it, and he was in need of a vehicle so I gave it to him.. I don't have many friends, but the ones I do have are good ones.

He said it had a miss at idle, but had plenty of power. I drove it before tearing it apart, and it went down the road just fine, and the miss was a slightly rough idle, not really bad at all..

He was thinking it was a head gasket, but after getting it here, there was no antifreeze or moisture in the oil, so I thought maybe sticking injector or something, however when pulling the motor, just reaching around the motor knocked a few plug wires off the plugs.

When I looked, it was a universal set of wires and the ends he crimped himself had come loose, so I think maybe the universal badly crimped plug wires was the missfire issue.

Once I pick up a carbureted intake and new distributor I will install some new plugs and wires and am pretty certain that will take care of it.

1BA ride

Maybe [S for the rear tires and wheels, minimum back spacing and a 10 or 12 width and a tire the same diameter as the fronts, 4x4 killer machine. But in loo of that your doing one hell of a job [cl I just love crazy ideas that work out great. :D
Looking forward to 374x42.0[P

Latest posts

Back