One mans crap is another mans gold

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UncleDonnie

This is from Seattle CL. I never got drugs that good.

Here's the ad text:
what is it? titled as a 78 honda civic. lol. olds 360 rocket. auto trans. need some wiring done flat back tire and it have a leak in radiator hose. i picked this up, and wanted to put a late 20s early 30s truck body on it. well im a single full time father, behind on bills, so i need to sell, i bye passed some wires. fired it up, drove it around the neighbor hood a few times. and parked it. please call XXX-XXX-XXXX

Attachments

• 00u0u_gd7ugTqnNio_600x450.jpg
    00u0u_gd7ugTqnNio_600x450.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 74
  • 00M0M_k5hFRDIOjgj_600x450.jpg
    00M0M_k5hFRDIOjgj_600x450.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 71
  • 00p0p_9aMfFST0w3A_600x450.jpg
    00p0p_9aMfFST0w3A_600x450.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 69
You would probably have the only one on your block.
and think of all the work that went into that, "to hell with the design thing, let's get to welding now"

In the Honda ad it mentions the wiper and light switches are 4" from the wheel for 'easy reach'. I had a 76 Civic - everything was within 4" of the wheel! :D Great little car though. You could literally pull the motor with your hands. And more importantly, you could reach everything with a wrench or socket - unlike this cheaply engineered *&%#%^ 89 S10 I'm working on! :mad: :mad:

As for the OP pic, it looks like maybe it was built as a parade car originally. I hope.

Hey DR. C. - that's probably a typo, I'm sure he meant 'Olds 361 rocket'. :p

Latest posts

Back