One of My 2 Wheeled Rats.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

racer32

koolmongous006.jpg

No respectable "rat" would have those shiney new saddlebags on it. Put some scrapes on those bad boys. Harleyboy

Kind of weird how they look shiny in the pic-must be the angle of the sun. The "saddlebag" is a 15-20 year old ammo pouch...just the right size for 60 rounds of 7.62x39 on stripper clips, or two adult beverages.

Yeah, I'd like to find a Nexus 3-speed coaster setup for it. As it is now, my knee doesnt like the gearing.

Tell me more about a 3 speed coaster!! I remember the 2 speed Bendix coaster of the 60s, it had 3 red stripes instead of one and you just back pedaled slightly to shift. I have been looking for one for years. My last cruiser I bent the crank from trying to climb hills on the bike path in Anchorage.
I also saw a bike with an automatic tranny, 5 speed I think. It just had some sliding weights in the back wheel that centrifigal force moved out as you sped up.

Tell me more about a 3 speed coaster!! I remember the 2 speed Bendix coaster of the 60s, it had 3 red stripes instead of one and you just back pedaled slightly to shift. I have been looking for one for years. My last cruiser I bent the crank from trying to climb hills on the bike path in Anchorage.
I also saw a bike with an automatic tranny, 5 speed I think. It just had some sliding weights in the back wheel that centrifigal force moved out as you sped up.

Shimano Nexus is a planetary hub-they have them in 3, 7, and 8 speed. Ebay is usually the cheapest place to find them.

Latest posts

Back