Only us gun nuts

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

choppinczech

would understand this.

Attachments

• 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 67
because of the lack of 22lr ammo (havent seen any on a store shelf in three years)
i am rechambering my t/c contender 22lr barrel to 22 hornet
then i will make my own darn ammo
i think i am going to sell all my other .22lr guns as well
this shortage was/is an eye opener

Yeah, I gave away my only 22 to my nephews boys after they lost all their guns in a house fire. I still have my 17 HMR and 3 boxes of ammo for it but rarely ever shoot it either. I have a 22 Hornet and can readily get ammo for it at about 37 cents a pop. I don't shoot it much either because it isn't enough gun for most of the prairie dog towns. 95% of my shooting is with my 222 L46 Sako. My next gun will probably be a long barreled 25-06 with a muzzle brake. Probably build it on the 03-A3.

Odd thing on the 22 ammo, the manufacturers have never made any less, it's just the frikken hoarders that make it scarce. Wall-Mart still gets it regularly but it goes off the shelf in 10 minutes and those guys are selling bricks for $60 at the gunshows.

I use http://www.AmmoToGo.com... says they have 22lr in stock! Since it's close to me I went there once to see their facility & OMG... looked like a military depot! Send them u're DL & CC & they ship out that day if you order in the morn. Since I'm close I always get mine the next day by FedEx! Gots ta lov America!!! [ddd:D

BoB

Just to make the ass hat comment, I don't have an issue this side of the border buying 22lr, other then the prices they want to charge. Side story, a local store price matches any advertised price, plus 10%, I found a deal (or so I think it is) $17.95 a bulk box of 500 Remington Thunderbolts, they were asking $36.99 a box, should have seen the cashiers face when I walked to the front with 20 boxes. I got some damn funny looks form some of the other customers too, even heard some girl make the comment "something is going to die"...

I know reading some gun mags, it sounded like the feds were buying up all the small ammo, is that still the case? Or just people are buying everything they can when they see it type thing? I know I talked to a guy in the states a year ago who said he hasn't seen 22lr or .223 on a shelf in months, is that still the case now?

Latest posts

Back