Open carry

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim...Ok

Yes, we are a bunch of hillbillies, we already knew that..:D

Our open carry law started at midnight last night..Anybody with a concealed carry permit can now carry any pistol smaller than 45 caliber and less than 16" :eek:in overall length holstered in open sight..I have no plan of making a habit of it, but I strapped my .40 Glock on my belt this morning and wore it into the Quiktrip on my way to work..Just because I could.:D:D

Legal here too, but like Willowberry said, most town have ordinance on the books against it.

I just keep mine concealed. That way, the bad guys have to guess....

I remember the first time I walked into a walmart in Phoenix and H had his .38 snubnose on his hip...it was foreign to me. Now it seems like second nature. Bud has his .38 on his belt at all times at the shop in Oregon.

I used to play wild west and carried my six shooter. After a few years in Alaska I came to prefer my sawed off Mossberg, way more affective against things that want to eat you and I always figured if the sound of me racking a round in didn't turn a threatening person around you might as well ventilate his ribcage with no further ado.

Open carry is legal here......

Thought it was a nationwide mandate from the feds regarding open carry....(2nd amendment rights and all that...). only problem with "open carry" at least here.....is that once you get in your car with the gun on your hip....it's now concealed and illegal....unless you have a concealed permit.....otherwise, you can be arrested for carrying a concealed weapon.....strange but true....

You'll never catch the old Tripper carrin' a stinkin' lil 6-shooter! My 9 has a 15 shot clip!!! [ddd[ddd[ddd

BoB

Thought it was a nationwide mandate from the feds regarding open carry....(2nd amendment rights and all that...). only problem with "open carry" at least here.....is that once you get in your car with the gun on your hip....it's now concealed and illegal....unless you have a concealed permit.....otherwise, you can be arrested for carrying a concealed weapon.....strange but true....

This is truly one of the finer points of Michigan..... I know several guys that open carry on a regular basis just because they can.

I say good for any state that allows it.
Theres been alot of petitioning here in Illinois but I dont think its going to change any minds in Springfield.
I dont have a gun myself but have been seriously considering it. Got my foid card ap.

Ohio has a open carry law but when u do they get you for insighting panic you can fight it in court and get the charge droped but who really wants to goto court and fight for a right that was bestowed upon us by our forefathers. I myself am a big supporter of constitutional carry and belive its every American's right to bare arms and more should if everyone carryed the criminal would think twice that only my opinion and you know what they say about opinions [ddd[ddd[ddd[ddd[ddd[ddd[ddd[ddd

So if you plan ta tote a gun in MI, ride a motorcycle. Got it. :D

I've got no problem with people packing responsibly...
I had an idea for a new Meme

open carry.jpg

You'll never catch the old Tripper carrin' a stinkin' lil 6-shooter! My 9 has a 15 shot clip!!! [ddd[ddd[ddd

BoB

Shoot, my pocket pistol is only a 5 shot!

A Texas Ranger was once asked why he only carried 5 rounds in his six shooter, with the hammer resting on the empty chamber. His reply was, "It safer with the hammer on an empty chamber, no chance of a misfire, and if you can't hit your target with 5 shots, that 6th one isn't going to be much help, either."

i have a number of handguns.
but a lot of them are too big to carry all the time.
the carry gun is a 5 shot .357 mag with crimson trace laser grips.
a 5 shot wheel gun that i have with me trumps my full size 1911 .45acp that i left at home every time.

put it on the floorboard in plain sight.
then it isnt concealed.

Latest posts

Back