OT M1 A1 jeep repair

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dad was stationed in the panama canal on his tour of the world on uncle sam's "call"

he told a story of a guy who tried to outrun the mp's in the general's m151 he had took for an unauthorized joy ride... the rear wheel folded under when the guy went around a curve to fast... needless to say, the mp's caught him...;)

and no dad wasnt the one running:D he was in the motor pool working on it the next day:rolleyes:

sorry-but that was a "had to share" moment,....

now get us some more pics of that awesome fab work

progress on this today, re made the rear engine mounts with new steel and the original stands.

DSCN5297.jpg

DSCN5298.jpg

DSCN5299.jpg

fixing some rot on the sub frame

DSCN5300.jpg

DSCN5301.jpg

DSCN5302.jpg

sub frame patched and rear engine mount in and ground

DSCN5303.jpg

DSCN5304.jpg

and removed the passenger side panel to replace for a nice rust and dent free side

DSCN5306.jpg

not to much progress today, ran out of sheet metal before noon ... lol hate it when that happens

so i made a new passenger seat riser and passenger drip rail

seat riser

CAM_0003.jpg

CAM_0004.jpg

back side of the riser

CAM_0005.jpg

here is the drip rail. this piece was more challenging than it looks, with the roll bends, folded edge and with it being so thin i couldnt really do much on the break. mostly done on the bead roller

CAM_0008.jpg

CAM_0007.jpg

CAM_0006.jpg

someone must really like that "mutt" ;)

lotsa time n skills being used equates in my mind to lotsa dollars being spent on it[S

awesome work btw[cl[cl

[P

got this thing all knocked out and ready to go back to the owner. man that thing took a ton of metal work, but turned out nice. hope you enjoy the pics

inner panels for the rear

GOPR0580.jpg

passenger drip rail welded on

DSCN5666.jpg

shovel mount welded back on

DSCN5665.jpg

passenger side rear wheel well/ quarter repaired

DSCN5664.jpg

ax mount area repaired

DSCN5663.jpg

inside of the bed/ rear area repaired and seam sealed

DSCN5662.jpg

driver side wheel well/ quarter replaced and repaired

DSCN5661.jpg

rear of the jeep replaced and repaired

DSCN5660.jpg

DSCN5659.jpg

Hey Cornfield

My hat is off to you for saving this piece of Americana but gosh...how can you stand the constant "cob overs" that you have to fix.???
I have been redoing a 1947 CJ2A since Jan 2012 and I am so sick of rust and picking rust out of my ears and hair and my underwear too. I keep sweeping up (the piles of rust) everyweek and it never seems to end. I know you do this for a living...what is your trick??...and where do you get all your patience.

MikeC

mike c, the real trick is to look at it as one piece at a time. it really can get over whelming and seem to be never ending. but i just stand back and think, one piece at time and you are that much closer. even on this project the last 3 hours were the worst. i could see the end in sight but it seemed like i would never get there. you will get there just takes time and sometimes you need to work on something different to keep from getting burned out to fast ( thats why i work on 3-6 cars at once)

Latest posts

Back