Other hobbies??

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Gussett

Yep... he can do it!
Live in the hilly country of Chillicothe Ohio.
Hey guys,I hope this is the right section(if any) that I might ask what "other" hobbies you all have?
I like to mess with wood a bit too.This is a pic of my master bath vanity I made from skid lumber that I got from work.The majority of the wood is oak but the striped stuff is spalted beech! It took me 60 hrs to complete.I also put down ceramic tile on the floor and the counter top when I redone the bathroom.Hope not to tic anyone off with this post!
Tim

Attachments

• vanity.jpg
    vanity.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 48
Nice work, it looks great. I think I am allergic to wood. The only thing I can build is fire wood:D. My hobbies are just cars. I have 3 vws and my wife has a 64 convertable bug that we will restore together. I also am helping my dad build his 35 Ford truck.
Tim

Attachments

• Tim%20Elliott.jpg
    Tim%20Elliott.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 21
  • Circle-Yer-Wagens-24.jpg
    Circle-Yer-Wagens-24.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 14
MR. G,
This is the BS Lounge. Right where this kind of stuff belongs. (one more time, Welcome to the lighter side) That vanity looks beautiful. Top knotch craftsmanship, not too dark... nice lookin piece there. Very nice...

Almost forgot,
Racing, Kart racing (dirt and asphalt)
Street.....I mean roadracing...

Basically anything where we can hear the rat-a-tat-tat from a strong running motor and smell burning rubber and methonol in the air.

It just kinda get to me....

Last edited:
Very nice work. Sometimes I wish I could be so handy. It would save me a fortune since my wifes hobby is remodeling. As for me, I use to like motorcycle off roading and trail riding, but I got hurt too many times and decided to quit while I was ahead. Got into street bikes and choppers but it took up too much garage space when I got into cars. Now its just cars.

That's really nice work on the vanity Mr. Gussset. As for me, I really don't have anything other than cars that you could call a hobby.

Love the curved front, lots of nice work. I build custom iron furniture for a living, as well as a little art work, (Including drawing and painting). My work is so close to a hobbie that I am one lucky guy.

Living in Colorado as I do, I still hike, hunt, fish sometimes, I have a camper, a canoe, and a Jeep. But then again I fall heavily into the motorsports catagory like most here. I have a Rock Buggy (scratch built) that would have been a great competition rig just a few years back, but competition rigs these days a packed full of big dollars. I also have a 79 Ford Bronco Mud racer, with 460 and 35 inch bogger tires. I donate my entry fees to the winner at the local mud bogs every year, cause there are guys who have real motors in their trucks. but I have fun. I also have a desert pre runner 86 Ford Bronco, that I am surprised I have not tested the roll cage on yet. It is a blast to drive. I have a small but growing collection of cars, with my 65 mustang fb and my 69 mustang fb at the top of the list. from there they get older and junkier until they turn from collecter cars to collector projects.

Last edited:
Surprised!

Gusset,
That is really nice work but I am surprised to learn there are hobbies besides cars... learn something new here every day!?!? ; - >

BoB

Holy glass work batman!

Wow what an art that glass work is! Looks awesome !You do great work man!
I have other hobbies too_Off road trail/rock crawling.I built several and I have one now that I started on but my tudor took its place in time and $ til it's complete.Here are a couple of pics of mine (lime green and the black and yellow one with 44's )and the black one and the bright orange one I built for customers.Also I built this 6 ft. dia. globe for my church.It's made from 3/16" wire frame and 18 ga. sheet metal.It is motor driven to slowly rotate!I built it only about 2 1/2 months ago.

Attachments

• boggi rock.jpg
    boggi rock.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 14
  • twisty.jpg
    twisty.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 11
  • with lights 2.jpg
    with lights 2.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 13
  • globe in dually.jpg
    globe in dually.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 11
  • Chesters zuke 2.jpg
    Chesters zuke 2.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 11
Wow Mr Gusset, multiple talents. The only thing I'm good at is messing up. I spend my fair share of time with a wrench in my hand. When I'm not scraping knuckles and tracking grease into the house, I spend a lot of time on my BMX bike and surf board.

I also like to knock back more then my fair share of ice cold Pabst. I'm pretty good at Beer Pong, although I'm sure that's a hobby that will quickly fade as my daughter gets older.

Wood hates me and I don't have an artistic bone in my body. Mr. Guss and Cap., I may have to go into therapy after seeing your great work.
I used to get cuts when I worked in a glass shop while going to school and got slivers from the pallets the glass came on. Does that count?:D

Keep up the good work. That's some nice stuff.

Mr Gusset, that's some excellent work on that vanity.
Cpt Moron, that glasswork is absolutely awsome.
Other than cars & computers my only other hobbies are camping ( nothing to primitive ;), we have a 37' diesel pusher we camp in ) & bowling (good exercise :D )

I`m into boating .... BIG TIME.

Recently sold my 30' twin 454 offshore powerboat and down-sized to a 24' with a 502.

I try to spend every summer weekend on the water.

awesome wood and glass work guys.

i enjoy wood work and would like to do more but i've only got so much time and money so lately it's been cars only. i thought i liked remodeling but my bathroom is a testament to my hate for it now-i've been remodeling it for two years now :eek:it's almost done though.

i love gardening but i've let that go for now too because i want to focus on cars right now and it's very time consuming when i have to do all manual watering.

i love video games as well, it's really hard to justify $400 for the new xbox360 though when i've got a long list of car parts i want. oh well. :p:p

i have a few other hobbies, i was a machinist for 20 yrs before i had to give it up for disability, i started passing time after that by doing metal casting, mostly aluminum and brass/bronze metals, i am also able to do iron, i havent made anything out of iron yet, just melted it to see if i was able, then i moved on to blacksmithing, years back i was into off roading, had to give that up to, my body just couldnt take the punishment any more

here is a link to my website, which is a free hosted site and has a few advertisments on it (sorry) it is mainly just pictures of a few things i have made, one day i'll add all the pictures on it, what is there is a just a small portion of everything i have made

http://metalmaster1766.bravehost.com/index.html

Ron

Latest posts

Back