Other welding projects

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmcdanl

Does anybody else here have any other welding projects / hobbies other than cars? I've just started to get interested in making furniture. But not just normal, boring furniture. I mean like weird, kinda cool furniture. Here is a drawing of a chaise lounge I want to make for our patio. It would be made from corrugated metal with rubber on the edges so it wouldn't have sharp edges. I would paint it a certain color and the polish the top edges where you would actually sit on so that the metal would show on the edges, then run a few coats of clear over it.

Surely some people have other projects they are working on...

corrugatedchaiselounge.jpg

I would suggesting never sitting on that after it had been in the sun for a few hours!!!! :eek: Neat idea though.

I would suggesting never sitting on that after it had been in the sun for a few hours!!!! :eek: Neat idea though.

haha yeah that would be hot now that I think about it! Maybe I would glue a 1' wide strip of material down the center of it so it wouldn't be quite as hot. And it would look cool too.

haha yeah that would be hot now that I think about it! Maybe I would glue a 1' wide strip of material down the center of it so it wouldn't be quite as hot. And it would look cool too.

Eh, it wouldn't be any worse than the old steel lawn furniture. I say no fabric.

I have built quite a bit of furniture and wood projects. Maybe Ill post up some pics, I have a pair of chairs that Im sure you guys could appreciate..

Latest posts

Back