Ouch!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmw56

Busted and Rusted on Route 66
I went go-cart racing again last Wednesday at the local indoor track I've been going to. Lots of people there and a bunch of rookies. The first turn on the track is after a long sweeping left hand turn that goes into a 180 degree turn and you enter the turn about 30 mph and brake hard to get it sideways through the turn so you're set up for the exit.

So I'm hauling a as I usually do and the guy in front of me spins out as I'm sliding sideways in my usual line. I slam him hard and I hit the seat side bolster hard with my right side and then I continue on and didn't think much of it. After the race my right side is hurting, not bad but hurting, wasn't too bad on Thursday but it was getting worse. Yesterday I get up or try to get up and it hurts to breathe or move. So I go to the E-room again. Second trip this year.

Well it turns out I broke/cracked 2 ribs #9 and 10 on my right side. Man that sucks. I raced dirt Stock Cars for 12 years and never get hurt and now I break my ribs driving a go-cart. :mad:

Last edited:
As a famous former president said, "I feel your pain". Anyway, heal fast and get back on that cart.

ive been there before as well, sucks when you cant even laugh. Your buddies/girl think its funny to poke at you. F'in B*st*rds! I broke 2 bottom ribs and cracked another while playing college hockey. Then two years ago right around this time i ended up totalling my truck, and having the seatbelt bruise the same ones.

The worst thing is when the doctors tell you theres nothing they can do, then hand you a bill. jeesh

i know what u mean by wakin up the next day in pain. On labor day weekend i was ridin my XR50 pit bike and hit a set of woops that where made for my frends honda 450, i went down 3rd gear(bike only has 3 gears) taped out, and hit my left shoulder on one of the woops, it didnt hurt then but 2 days after i was feelin it. i figured hell im still young (20) it'll heal. But still to this day it hurts when i lift stuff at work and i dont have full movement. And im eather too damn stubern or too damn lazy or buisy to go get some X-rays on it.

DMW...I ain't gonna poke fun or make any bad jokes (unlike my normal wisea$$ self). Only because I know what your going through....but I broke mine on the track...not in a go cart. Years ago I raced asphalt late model stock cars, and had a really hard side impact that broke mine. Thing is, now I go to the local indoor "slick track" to do my racing because it's safer....or at least it has been so far

feel your pain man,it sucks to get hurt while just havin fun.I crashed up alot of stock cars and usually never got hurt.Go to the county fair and crash a demo car for fun and hurt the week after.Maybe age does have something to do with it?:confused:

Hey even if you are getting old, at least you were doing something. Life isn't much fun if you're playing it safe all the time. But on the other hand 'pain sucks'. Heal up well.

Thanks Guys. I plan on getting back to the carts, they are just too much fun. It still hurts to twist or cough. I've heard that broken ribs are the worst and now I can agree.

that sux,i endoed my rm250 last year at a desert race east of alb nm =3 broken ribs, torn roatator cuff,dislocted sholder,torn bisep,and a concusion. could have been worse,get back on that horse.

Latest posts

Back