Our family "reunion" of sorts.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donsrods

I mentioned that the new owner of my old 23 brought it to Billetproof and it made my weekend seeing it again. :D What made it even better is that I totally like the guy. He and his Dad were there and they seem to have the same kind of relationship I have with my own two Sons. He has taken exception care of it and has changed the carpet from tan to black, which is something I was going to do because you couldn't keep the tan clean.

Here is a family portrait we took of my 27, the 23, and my Son Dan's rpu together once again. If I told you I didn't have a tear in my eye I would be lying. :eek:

Don

myoldtatBP002.jpg

myoldtatBP009.jpg

myoldtatBP007.jpg

And one of Kevin in "HIS" 23 T.

myoldtatBP013.jpg

I made him pay for my autograph. :D What was odd was that someone would come up and ask a question about the T while we were standing there talking to the new owner and I would automatically answer the question. Then I realized I was being a buttinski and had no right to be telling people about HIS car, so I backed off. But Kevin is a real gentleman and was super polite about it all.

I think Dan was more sentimental about seeing the car than me, but he had just as much work in it as I did and if were not for him bugging me so much the end result would have been slightly not so nice. Dan couldn't get his camera out fast enough when we saw it there and immediately said he wanted a picture with all of our cars together. I'm glad we did it too.:D

Don

Bob, it was cool but weird at the same time. I watched him drive off at the end of the day and it brought back a lot of memories of Dan and me building it together and all the trips and drives we took in it.

But at least Kevin is respectful of it and my worries that it would end up with DONK wheels and tires on it or some other goofy modifications are over. :D

I told him if some chick in a green bikini shows up looking for model royalties just play dumb and change the subject. :p

Don

I told him if some chick in a green bikini shows up looking for model royalties just play dumb and change the subject. :p

I noticed unlike you... he was by himself with no scantly clad wild young thing like you always had hangin' around! :D

BoB

Awesome photo, cool that it was bought by a good guy thats enjoying it!

I saw him pull up behind you Don but didn't know you were going to arrange the cars and take photos like that or I would have stuck around and snapped a few myself.

I mentioned that the new owner of my old 23 brought it to Billetproof and it made my weekend seeing it again. :D What made it even better is that I totally like the guy. He and his Dad were there and they seem to have the same kind of relationship I have with my own two Sons. He has taken exception care of it and has changed the carpet from tan to black, which is something I was going to do because you couldn't keep the tan clean.

Here is a family portrait we took of my 27, the 23, and my Son Dan's rpu together once again. If I told you I didn't have a tear in my eye I would be lying. :eek:

Don

Don, thanks for the kind works. pleasure meeting you and your son. you really do some good work. I'm enjoying the car and get tons looks. I heard you were a well known california builder. I read all 33+ plus pages on the build last Christmas vacation. As I told you at the show buying this car was weird after giving the guy a deposit I saw your car on a BUYER BEWARE ad on the internet. The owner had the car at a different location and it did seem weird at the time but I guess he just has a lot of cars. I look forward to seeing you again. Next time I need to have you drive it and tell me if the power is still there. I can't go into first with the shifter but I'm sure that's because the upolstery shop installed it wrong or it's out of adjustment.

Hey Kevin, glad to see you on here......didn't know you were a member. :D

Like I mentioned, you made my day seeing the car again and seeing how well you are taking care of it. Nice meeting your Dad too.

You are probably right about the upholstery shop doing something to misadjust the shifter, it always had all the gears. I would pull the boot off and see what's going on. The only issue I ever had with the shifter was it would sometimes drop down from 3rd to 2nd on a hard bump, but that was cured by tightening up the two jam nuts under the boot. I bet when he put that new carpeting in there he removed and reinstalled the shifter.

Don't be a stranger. This forum is populated by the nicest bunch of guys and gals you will ever meet and they love all kinds of cars and bikes. And I'm not really a famous California builder, I just play one on TV. :D

Don

Latest posts

Back