Our troops

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks for sharing. Not many people understand that a simple thank you is all that is needed to lift a servicemans day. people who wear the uniform and selflessly give their time and lives for everyones freedom seldom do it for praise and definately not for the money.

While I have the highest respect for all those serving I really never quite understood how the wars in Korea, Viet Nam, Iraq or Afghanistan have anything at all to do with protecting our freedom. War is an industry that makes certain people very wealthy and that is the only real reason our young men and women have to make the sacrifice.

As a Vietnam vet, I have to comment....

While I have the highest respect for all those serving I really never quite understood how the wars in Korea, Viet Nam, Iraq or Afghanistan have anything at all to do with protecting our freedom. War is an industry that makes certain people very wealthy and that is the only real reason our young men and women have to make the sacrifice.

To an extent you are correct.... it is about interests and politics....
Our country also has a responsibility to protect the freedoms of the countries we support / are allies of.. The French were in Vietnam after WWII trying to stop the north vietnamise (communists) from taking over their interests and ours in South Korea and of course (spread of communisim)....we initially were there to assist them......(police action)... politics and interests sometimes override common sense... (jmho) in any event.... when the commander and chief says we (Army Navy Airforce Marines) are going there to protect our (the United States of America)interests, Soldiers follow orders......agree or disagree, without this type of politics and watching out for our interests, we'd all might be speaking German right now or maybe Japanese...... Thank God and our Military for the right of free speech and the right to voice our opinions on things.....

I have 3 stepsons and 2 step daughters, and 2 nephews who have all done tours of duty in Iraq and Afghanistan. I couldn't be prouder of them. 10 years ago we went into Iraq to find weapons of mass destruction, and found none yet we are still there and there is no talk of getting out.
George Carlin once wrote that the war in Nam could be ended quickly if we dropped color TVs and Cadillacs instead of bombs. If we took all the money we have spend fighting and just dumped it out of airplanes the war(s) would be over quick and they would all love us. Just saying.....

as a gulf war vet and who has a son currently in iraq i can say for me and my son its kinda like a calling deep inside like people of god. When I went over twice were ordered and went without hesitation to fly the flag and make our presence known. My idiot son went and married his girlfriend and has called me of late and was asked by her if he married her or the airforce. It is a hard thing to explain to people who dont have that feeling inside or get that chill on the back of there neck when you see a flag blowing in the wind. Thanks to the folks who are and have served.

It is a hard thing to explain to people who dont have that feeling inside or get that chill on the back of there neck when you see a flag blowing in the wind. Thanks to the folks who are and have served.

The flag blowing, taps played, star spangled banner sang, or when ever you are in a formation makes the hairs stand up. Maybe it is just me....

Right there with you!!

The flag blowing, taps played, star spangled banner sang, or when ever you are in a formation makes the hairs stand up. Maybe it is just me....

Sad though that there are many who don't appreciate their freedom and take it for granted..... some people don't even remove their hats or cover their hearts during the National Anthem.....taps always brings tears.... lost a lot of friends.... have a lot of memories....good and bad.... never once regretted my decision to enlist.... like you say, some people are called to service... hope that feeling never dies......God bless our troops and God bless these United States.....still the best country in the world.....

Latest posts

Back