owned one vehicle how long ???

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skull

''SARCASM: just one of his many talents.''
been wondering so l have to ask,,,

what is the longest you have owned a classic/rod vehicle?

two catagories for me. before being legally able to put in my name and after it was in my name.

l was seven and told grampa his 1957 chevy 4 door was mine and he said OK.

then when l turned eighteen she was regeristered to me so l have had this one car almost 45 years.

she is tore down right now. (red/white is the dream)

Later:cool:

Attachments

• geretude done.jpg 3.jpg
    geretude done.jpg 3.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 41
  • geretude done.jpg
    geretude done.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 30
  • geretude done.jpg1.jpg
    geretude done.jpg1.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 30
The longest one for me is my currently owned Anglia at 8 years, but that one is about to go up for sale. I think I'll have my Deuce coupe (6 years owned) and the Mercury I just acquired until I croak.

Had my 37 for 21 years...sold it last fall. Had the 48 panhead for 28.....longest i've ever kept anything!

chevelle

l know that get, sell it, trade thing too:D

that is why l amaze myself at keeping the 57 so long and the 1966 chevelle has been in the family since 1975, l got that when dad died a few year ago.

jimmy's truck has been around since about 1995, so it a long timer too.

Later:cool:

I've owned my 50 Studebaker since 1969....42 years! I've owned my 70 AMX since 1975...36 years! The Studebaker truck I have was owned by my wife's Grandfather he bought new in 1954.

i got a 63 chevy truck that i have had for 25 years and the ol lady for 27, a sportster for 20, other then that some records lp and 45, and some tapes for atleast 35 years, some are older then that.

Or is that Ho roders?:rolleyes:

I like it even though I'm not one....for the most part

I had this one for a little over 10 years, but for the most part, they average 4-6 years.

Nova.jpg

I had the 40 Studebaker for about 6 years, but just sold the rolling body to my brother in law. He helped build it and has always liked the car, so he got first shot and jumped at it.

Wow...just thought about it...I've had my 40 Ford tudor sedan for about 10 or 11 years now. It's been buried in a corner for so long I forgot about it

I've had my 1973 Olds 442 since 1976. My dad bought the car and gave it to me when I was 14. I got in trouble with it so he took it back and I got it again when i turned 16. I guess I have had it for 35+ years.
rockcarshow2009011.jpg

You've all seen the record holder at my house :D.....

374sideviewofsideboardsLarge.jpg

.....coming up on 31 years:)

I also tend to run my work vans into the ground too. I'm on my third one in 26 years and all three were used when I bought them.:eek:

Well I don't know if this counts but I'd say it would have to be my 1980 AMX. Originally my parents bought it for me for my first car in 2000. My Dad liked it so much that he storta took it over. Had some work done to it and then it sat in the barn forever. I drove it a little in college for a few months, drove it for a few more months about 5-6 years later. The transmission went out on it and the engine was questionable when I bought it. Currently it is sitting neglected with no motor or transmission. I really want to get it fixed up over the winter but that depends on if I have a warm place to work on it. The longest I've owned a vehicle that I drove on a regular basis had to be my 1977 Ford F100. I bought it as a senior in high school. Drove it for a year, sold it, bought it back 4 years later. Drove it semi regularly until I got hit by a semi with it last year :( I still own it but it's beyond repair. I've owned lots of different vehicles, usually only driving them a few months. The 1965 Ford F100 I own has the record for length of time of steady use. It was my only insured vehicle for over a year and I racked up 20,000 miles on it. I plan on doing some repair on it now that I don't need to drive it everyday.

Not very long

I haven't owned many cars for very long but I did buy a 70' Monte Carlo in 78' and sold it 3 years ago. It had 3 different motors and transmissions and 2 different rearends. I drove the H... out of it and enjoyed every mile. Still miss it. I was thinking about why I had let my first fun car go. I got married. Oh well even if I had not gotten married I probably would not have it. I never lived anyplace where I could store one for any length of time. I have a friend who has his high school T bucket. He is around 60. Fun stuff to think about. Steve

my driver

67 mustang, 25 years now. still a daily. my grandmothers car. i'm second owner.

Latest posts

Back