Pass the Vino!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
Well... the old Tripper takes a mini vacation every Labor Day with friends. This year we are in Napa visiting wineries & hoggin' out on great food. It'll be diet city limits when I get back!!! California is & always has been car crazy & with their beautiful weather... cars hold up really well here. I saw some unbelievable cars over the past few days & lots of vineyards had old 30's work trucks. Yesterday I saw a cherry, black Imperial convertible & a immaculate RED Mercedes gullwing! Lots of 60's cars but hardly any older cars. My wife & friends took a hot-air balloon ride but I am a more feets on da ground person! I also included a couple of other interesting tidbits...

BoB

Attachments

• grapes2.jpg
    grapes2.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 31
  • winetruck2.jpg
    winetruck2.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 35
  • balloons2.jpg
    balloons2.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 27
  • cycle1.jpg
    cycle1.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 34
  • press2.jpg
    press2.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Hey Trip, here`s a little trick I learned when I lived out in CA. , hit the wine tasting places just before closing , they don`t keep the bottles over night cause they go flat , 5 tastes for a dollar turns into a lot more ....:D

Sounds like fun... Hot air ballons are actually a cool experience. That's how I proposed to my wife. I woulda never done it if it didn't mean so much to her. But it was actually really neat.But with the news lately it seems like it's just not a good time.

How is the weather where you're at? SoCal's in the middle of a heat wave. Hurricane in Mexico is causing humidity to raise here. 95-100 in L.A., Valleys are 107-115. See any celebrities yet?

Tractor grill buttsky!

How is the weather where you're at? SoCal's in the middle of a heat wave. Hurricane in Mexico is causing humidity to raise here. 95-100 in L.A., Valleys are 107-115. See any celebrities yet?

Gasser,
Weather has been moderate although it got to around 95-100 today but hardly any humidity unlike H-town. No celebs except I went to a book signing Thurs nite for my friend Robert Altman - photographer for Rolling Stone Magazine in the 60's & 70's. He has a new book out called the "Sixties" & there were plenty of them there! Check this sculpture of a horse made out of car parts & other stuff... the head is made out of a Yamaha gas tank. Another one's butt was made out of a tractor grill shell!

BoB

Attachments

• horsedown.jpg
    horsedown.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 25
I'm back!!!

1st day back @ work... OUCH!!! 5 daze of "tasting" wine... OMG! Well... this weekend is the Bayou City Burnout & I'll be doin' a little work on the old Daytripper to get it in tip top show form!!! U know... polishin' up all the chrome, waxin' the paint, vacuumin' the carpet & all the other last minute detailing!!! ; - >

tripper.jpg

BoB

Latest posts

Back