Patch panels for rear fenders

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is that for a car or truck. Im might be able to help. I have a thread in the "parts for sale" If you post an image of your damaged area I can see if we can help you. Look for the thread Arizona Rat Rod Junk Yard

These would be for a 1/2 ton truck rear fenders. The other side has worse rot. And I can't justify spending $350 for a new fender I have to section anyhow, since the bed has around a foot chopped off of it. Any help Would be appreciated.

DSCF4014.jpg

Have you tried LMC yet or Chevy Duty? Both of those places are located near me and between the two you can pretty much build a chevy truck from the ground up!

I have made plenty out of 18 gauge sheet metal over the years .its not as hard as you may think as long as you have a shrinker /stretcher.and an english wheel ?
If you wanna try to make yourself some i will try to help you out on learning if i can ? Sure saved me a bundle over the years learning to make patch panels in stead of just trying to buy them ,but it takes some work .

I would like to try. Even if it doesn't lend to the final product on this build. Don't have a shrinker stretcher but I am in the process of building a nice little english wheel. Found this "how to" on another forum:

http://www.roddingroundtable.com/tech/articles/12ewheel.html
That was my firt one too ,and i use it more than my big one actually!
It works very good but leavs a line mark on the metal but youl gind it away as you do the body work .
You really should give making them a try ,once you learn that ,then there are lots of things that you can use the same work for!
but i will say to make some plastic or neoprean hammers too and try to make a sand bag also ,these will all be very handy to have around!

Did you make any spoons? I've heard of people maiking them from old files.
just bought some from harborfreit, there just fine but i havent had a lot of use for them yet.
I made a slap hammer from neoprien and i used the heck out of it ,works very well for me! And some t dollys are cheep and easy to make and i use them a lot too . the english wheel i dont use a lot but when i need it ,its pricless.

Latest posts

Back