patrat from STL

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patrat

Hi All,
New here and to the ratrod scene. Have been involved with muscle cars last 30 years. Currently have a 67 Shelby GT350 Sold my project 61 Impala ragtop 348 PG and Just got a 28 Ford Tudor sedan and plan to chop and rat rod it. Ive been told the car is too nice to chop. Can that be possible? Will be here often for help and tips. Heres some pics.

Attachments

• 28a.jpg
    28a.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 38
  • 28aa.jpg
    28aa.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 26
  • modelaaa.jpg
    modelaaa.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 37
Welcome to the site.
Great car. "too nice to chop"?
Well, it is just so original, and would be a great canidate for a restoration. That being said, it is your car, and you should do what you want. To those guys who say don't chop it, tell them to buy it from you and you can put the money into a body only car.
Most of us start with a rusty beat up body. Yours should be a joy to work with.
Looking forward to the build.

Got a good deal on the A. Would have to spend same for rotten body and rusty frame. Hoping to sell many parts to resto guys to finance the build.

Judging by the wheels its not stock anyway and it is your car so cut it up. If you had another 'good deal ' lined up you could sell this at a profit and build a different one, but its in the driveway now so. Cool car with nice patina.

I may be wrong on the wheels, are those white wall inserts over the wire wheels?

Welcome Pat..nice Model A, cut that puppy up and make it your own. Start a build thread so we can watch, lotsa pictures!![cl

welcome to the RRR! got a really nice car there...[cl

looking forward to seing your progress...

.......a pic or two of that "stang wouldn't hurt us none around here either..[dr:D

One thing about cutting up such a nice car is you'll have a better finished product. It's you'res build it like you want, thats the advice you will get around here. By the way welcome to RRR be sure and document you're build.

I'm not sure I'd want to cut that up - at least right away. I like it a lot pretty much as is. Loose the hood sides, the bumper, and a different set of lights. It'd make a nifty jalopy.

But eventually, a year or two or three down the road, the fenders would be gone and the roof would be a lot closer to the ground...

Welcome!!!

Pat,
Welcome to the gang!!! Nice catch ya got there... please keep us posted! MAke u're self @ home & feel free 2 join rat in!!! :D

BoB

Welcome to RRR, patrat. Nice looking start. No matter how you build it, I know I'll follow the build.

I'm not sure I'd want to cut that up - at least right away. I like it a lot pretty much as is. Loose the hood sides, the bumper, and a different set of lights. It'd make a nifty jalopy.

But eventually, a year or two or three down the road, the fenders would be gone and the roof would be a lot closer to the ground...

Like this idea. Will first get it running as is and go from there. Def will remove , hood, bumpers and find some tailights. Just ordered rebuild kit from Brattons http://www.brattons.com/default.asp for the orig Tillotson carb, which was in coffee can in back seat. Brakes are on the list to be upgraded before it hits the road.Will keep youse updated with pics and stuff.

Latest posts

Back