Pcv valve yes or no

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geneo4116

, 350, small cam,headers, 4 barrell,auto,300 gears,would like not to run pcv or breathers,is this okay are will i have problems,i will be runnin vintage valve covers that dont have any holes really dont want to drill holes in them,what say you.[s

Like Unkl said, mount one somewhere. The crankcase really needs some ventilation to keep moisture and combustable and/or corrosive gases out. You'll always have a certain amount of blow-by and the pressure has to go somewhere. Either through a PCV valve or a blowed out gasket somewhere. Good luck.

If you don't install a PCV valve, plan on having oil leaks! You need to vent the pressure that is built up in the crankcase...CR

One question. were are you going to put the oil in the motor. A lot of the older motors had a fill tube in the front of the intake and a vent tube out the back out the back of the block.

The motor needs to breath. If not it will find away. Like it was said before oil leaks.

, 350, small cam,headers, 4 barrell,auto,300 gears,would like not to run pcv or breathers,is this okay are will i have problems,i will be runnin vintage valve covers that dont have any holes really dont want to drill holes in them,what say you.[s

If you don't have a place for the pressure to escape it will make one. You will blow out valve cover gaskets or intake gaskets. Some aftermarket intakes have an indention in the front where you can drill out for the oil fill tube which you can top with a breather, then you don't have to put holes in your valvecovers.

thanks for all your comments,went with out pcv and breathers or baffles,leaks everywhere,so installed pcv,breathers,and baffles,GUESS WHAT NO LEAKS,live and learn,but much happier now with no leaks.

question about a similar topic, and sorry if i overrun this thread. if i throw in a supercharger, do i need to add a breather or modify my pcv setup. i'm under the impression this will increase the pressure in the bottom end, so i'm trying to figure it out before i get there, have a pcv valve. the oil filler has a breather that goes straight into the air cleaner right now, will i need to route these into a breather can or setup one off the valve covers to handle pressure? or would i be fine with what i've got, maybe route the oil filler breather oover to the pcv valve. just wondering what others have done. i've never set up a supercharger yet.

Your breather will need to be on one valve cover and the PCV valve on the other so that it will pull through your engine. The breather and PCV valve will have to be in the valve covers because blower intakes don't have provisions for them. Unless your rings aren't sealing you shouldn't see a noticable increase in blow by.

yeah the blower i'm getting though is an old paxton that sits before the carb and runs a pipe over to the top of it so i think i'd still use the stock manifold. that was why i was wondering.

Latest posts

Back