peelnseal

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

40nut

:)I'm curently working on a 1940 chevy coupe which gonna be somewhat ratted. Isaw on the web site about the peelnseal so rushed to Lowes and got some.I was wondering if a heat gun is really needed. does it make it stick better? I put a couple of pieces on I believe it's gonna work great!!More about Myself, I'm going on 65 yrs. old and this is my first build.I've had two street rods in the past and sold them,so I found this coupe boy what an education I'm getting. But i'm getting there.

Welcome to RRR 40nut. Lots of knowlegeable folks here to help with that education. Ask for advice if you need to. You will get sound advice. Now we must have pics of that Chevy. It's a rule, don't ya know. :D

Welcome 40nut. Great to see another guy who is never too old to learn and try new things.

Did ya guys know that a coup is for chickens, but a coupe (coupay) is a car...it's a french word.:D That concludes todays lesson.

This is just the beginning.....

homecomin_b_4751.jpg

Welcome aboard 40nut.....

Heat is not mandatory, just make sure the surface is good and clean.

also, use it on the inside of the door shells...you would not believe how much of a difference it makes.

welcome to the rrr! that is one sweet lookin project ya got there!

i used the home depot version "protecta-wrap" i think was its name..put it on the roof, and firewall/inside cowl areas of my truck, -one roll $18; the amount of "tin can" affect took from my rat rod ...priceless

plannin on another roll to finish the rest of the cab......

Welcome to RRR 40nut, Nice Chevy project.

sixtall, they are talking about the inexpensive peel n seal insulation that you can get at Home Depot, Lowes, etc. as opposed to the expensive stuff from Dynamat.

When I first saw this post - it looked like pee in seal -WTF is this - - now I have my glasses on anyways - - - Welcome 40nut - - lots of good info here without the attitudes.

Latest posts

Back