people???

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skull

''SARCASM: just one of his many talents.''
have ya ran into these kind?

ask why ya drive old/junk/rusty/etc when for the price ya paid or cost to build ya could have a new car?

ran into that today with the dodge truck.

my answers are;

''if l have to explain it, ya'll never get it.''

''rat/hot rodding, if it was easy, everone would do it''

''because l can''

''to get attention''

Later:cool:

Some just don't get it

Because a bank would never repo it in a million year[S. don't have to worry about it getting stolen, people are afraid to drive it [ddev(except for those who get it, put then again those people would never steal your ride:cool:) besides it save me money. No washing, waxing, fixing dents.

It's like everything else relating to people, if you let them get under your skin it will drive you nuts. My attitude has always been that when they start kicking in some money they might have some say on how I build my stuff, until then, they don't.

But it extends to ANY car you could have, whether it is a $ 1500 one or a $ 1.5 Million dollar one. Post a picture of either one and ask what people think and you will get a bunch of opinions both good and bad...........it's just how people are made.

Mostly I let dumb comments roll off, but every once in a while one hits me the wrong way and I have to say something. But what makes me mad is, I usually come up with a better response later on that I wish I had said at the time. :(

Don

What's been driving me crazy lately is what to say at stoplights when people yell out the window "hey what is it?" I just don't have a good 2 second response.

"Well it's supposed to be a replica of a 20's racer that..." light changes green. Crap!

Now I just say "a Ford".

Haha, one of the best ones I had was when a carload of young black guys pulled up next to my 27 at a redlight and started telling me how much they liked the "Gangsta Whitewalls"[cl. Bet they thought it was the funniest looking Donk they had ever seen. :D

Don

Generally, the public is ignorant. I like answering questions, but the dumb ones get to me. Sometimes I give them a smart-ass response.

Them, " V8 and a carburetor. Must get terrible mileage."

Me, "Yeah, they only thought of fuel economy in the 90's."

Them, "Your a long way from home, aren't you afraid it'll break down?"

Me, "Nope. If it does, I know how to fix it. Can you fix yours?"

Them, "Looks dangerous. Is it hard to drive?"

Me, "It requires some skills. Skills my Dad taught me when I was 13."

My favorite stupid comment, some version of this,

Them, "Those things are obnoxious polluters. Don't you CARE about the environment?"

Me, "I tune it up every spring. Does your computer change plugs?"

or, "I like my environment free of idiots. Stand back."

School's out. Wing the throttle a few times and lay some rubber. :D

A big ol fat lady and I mean biiiiig :eek: asked me about my rusty art work "you ever think about painting them?" in a real snide voice. I rplied "You ever thought about not eating that last BonBon in the package in one sitting?"[ddd

A big ol fat lady and I mean biiiiig :eek: asked me about my rusty art work "you ever think about painting them?" in a real snide voice. I rplied "You ever thought about not eating that last BonBon in the package in one sitting?"[ddd

LMFAO

what kinda art you talkin about??? if its something besides a car I would really like to see a link to this??

have ya ran into these kind?

ask why ya drive old/junk/rusty/etc when for the price ya paid or cost to build ya could have a new car?

It was easy to hot wire.

So tell me exactly why I need a new car?

Working on this car gives me less time to beat my wife.

You really think this cost that much to build?

You're right! I'll buy a new car and spend my time watching TV and getting drunk instead. Good idea!

Have you ever made anything?

I'm going to play devils advocate here a minute!! Why not be friendly and nice, you are representing the rat nation??
Let those fools be the ones that come off like idiots!!
Myself I've never gotten a question that bothered me all that much, you just have to realize not everyone is into the car scene. If they've taken the time to take a look at you're ride, and ask you a question, it must mean you've done something right!!

The only thing that ever really bothered me was answering the same questions over and over!![ddd

LMAO!!!!

did you really say that or were you just thinking it....if you said it I'd be curious to know what she said or did after it...other than walk off in a huff!! I was laughing so hard in my office the dispatcher came in to make sure I was OK....LOL [cl

My art is the same, and the same as my truck. People either "get it" or walk by shaking their heads.

The only one that ever really argued was a guy who thought I should have restored the truck, instead of chopping it up. He didn't "get " it.

Latest posts

Back