Photo Editing Software

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SapperJoe

I figured I would stop by and let you guys know about a cheap/free alternative to Photoshop. If everyone is already aware, then I apologize, if not, then hopefully it saves at least one person some money. The program is called "Paint.net" which you can get from getpaint.net, and there are a ton of plug-ins you can download which I'm sure makes it the same, if not better that Photoshop. I use the basic tools it comes with and find it sufficient. It is a free program, but you can donate, which I suggest if you end up using it quite often. I am IN NO WAY affiliated with this software or the company/programmers who created it. I just don't like paying a ton of money for something you can get free, and I'm sure others feel the same.

EDIT: Make sure you download from a trustworthy site. (I.E. the one listed) I am not responsible for downloading any viruses or anything like that. I am merely pointing out that this software is available.

Last edited:
Interesting, I haven't seen this one before.

I use Gimp for photo manipulation (mainly resizing) and it's comparable to photoshop. The upsides are that it's open source, has lots of plugins, and is available for Linux, Windows, and Mac Operating systems.

This one is open source too i believe. I have found a lot of plug-in packs which come in handy.

Latest posts

Back